PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

redsail is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
porting questions

Has anyone ported from Verizon? Was it a smooth transition? I tried to port my number last night and the rep seemed to have all kinds of problems, and at one point had to hang up and call me back so I would not have to sit on hold so long. When she called me back we tried to do some phone changes but when I typed in the ##211338# I did not get the menu screens the rep said I should be seeing. After a reboot of the phone I still could not get to the screens. She was totally confused and told me "Oh I must have already made the changes to your account". It was late and I was tired so I just agreed with her.

This morning my number has not been ported completely. I have no phone service on my Verizon or Sprint phones. They told me it could take 24-48 hours, but I don't recall it taking more than 2 hours when I ported to Verizon. Should I be concerned? Should I have made some changes on my Mogul to make the port work? I had to do some changes on the mogul when I received it and needed to transfer service from my Treo to the Mogul, but I cannot remember what the steps were.

Anyone have any insight?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

redsail is a n00b
I went to the port status page for Sprint and get this message when I enter my number: "It appears that this request has not been submitted. Please check back later or call 800-639-6111."

This SERO plan is dirt cheap but Sprint customer service has definitely been horrible so far...
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Hey I ported my gf's number from verizon not even a month ago...it was smooth they said it would take like 3 hours, it went through in like 5 minutes with no issue. So it might just be the system right now

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 07-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

redsail is a n00b
Looks like the dialer I installed was the culprit. It was suppressing the dialog box that pops up. Once I uninstalled it, I was able to get to the screens to edit settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan