PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Agh, I know someone knows what to do up here.

Alright, I've had this mogul since july, and there have been kinks but I've been able to deal with that, plus, i detest dealing with customer service.

Anyway, about a week ago I notice when I slide the phone up it's feeling "wobbly" i guess you could say. A day or two later, I slide open the phone to text, and the screen just pops off and starts dangling by the thin strip that switches the phone from landscape mode to normal mode. I was getting back home on the east coast in a few days so I let that rock, and as I was headed to the store, I pick up the phone and the screen literally just falls off, but the phone itself is still working. I know because I keep getting calls, txts, email notifications, etc.

Get to the sprint retail store, tells me to take to technicians, they tell me its physical damage and warranty doesn't cover this in stores (right there I really wished I read those terms of the warranty better, but I don't recall anything about not being able to fix physical damage in stores) and they tell me to call asurion. Asurion tells me that the mogul is backordered and offers me a touch. One, that phone imo is an inferior product to the mogul, and two if I wanted a touchscreen phone I would have purchased the iphone. They also then tell me that it might be in 7-10 days, but it might not. I leave to go back to the west coast and possibly europe in about 10 days, so I tell them I can't have that, and there's no way I'm going to pay EXTRA to ship my own phone to myself because of stocking issues.

They tell me to call Sprint, I call sprint thinking I'm making progress with a sales rep (idk why the technical support people patched me there but whatever). She says that I can choose a new phone and pay the difference in retail price, or that's what I thought she said. Then, they tell me they have no pros for me to PAY for (I'm paying to get my own phone back when I bought the warranty, thanks), but touch's and touch diamonds. She also for some reason offered me a BLACKBERRY, and I promptly told her I wasn't going to pay more of my Sero plan in addition to buying a new phone from them because they don't have the phone I insured in the first place. I ask about any other pdas including the treo.

She proceeds to say:

"Well that's $599.99"

"So my mogul was $579.00 and thats $600 so I'm paying a 20 dollar difference? Fine I don't want a treo but I'm not ultra picky as long as I have all the functionality of my old phone"

"No, you will just be paying $599.99"

What? At that I told them I would call back and hung up. Called asurion back different rep says the same thing, get a touch, or basically just dont get a new phone that's similar to your old phone at all.

This has been four days in the making. This makes NO sense. The first thing asurion says is that they are going to offer a phone of comparable quality, but they offer me a phone that costs LESS than mine and has LESS functionality as far as I'm concerned. Sprint tells me to just BUY a new phone from them. What? I never knew what people meant about Sprint's terrible customer service until now.

Does anyone know any other options I have? At this point I'm about to just file a complaint with the BBB and have them mediate this situation, as I'm just being given the run around by Sprint and Asurion. Thanks in advance
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Agh, I know someone knows what to do up here.

You are going thru what is making so many people leave sprint... Other than wait you are screwed
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 12-24-2008, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post
Alright, I've had this mogul since july, and there have been kinks but I've been able to deal with that, plus, i detest dealing with customer service.

Anyway, about a week ago I notice when I slide the phone up it's feeling "wobbly" i guess you could say. A day or two later, I slide open the phone to text, and the screen just pops off and starts dangling by the thin strip that switches the phone from landscape mode to normal mode. I was getting back home on the east coast in a few days so I let that rock, and as I was headed to the store, I pick up the phone and the screen literally just falls off, but the phone itself is still working. I know because I keep getting calls, txts, email notifications, etc.

Get to the sprint retail store, tells me to take to technicians, they tell me its physical damage and warranty doesn't cover this in stores (right there I really wished I read those terms of the warranty better, but I don't recall anything about not being able to fix physical damage in stores) and they tell me to call asurion. Asurion tells me that the mogul is backordered and offers me a touch. One, that phone imo is an inferior product to the mogul, and two if I wanted a touchscreen phone I would have purchased the iphone. They also then tell me that it might be in 7-10 days, but it might not. I leave to go back to the west coast and possibly europe in about 10 days, so I tell them I can't have that, and there's no way I'm going to pay EXTRA to ship my own phone to myself because of stocking issues.

They tell me to call Sprint, I call sprint thinking I'm making progress with a sales rep (idk why the technical support people patched me there but whatever). She says that I can choose a new phone and pay the difference in retail price, or that's what I thought she said. Then, they tell me they have no pros for me to PAY for (I'm paying to get my own phone back when I bought the warranty, thanks), but touch's and touch diamonds. She also for some reason offered me a BLACKBERRY, and I promptly told her I wasn't going to pay more of my Sero plan in addition to buying a new phone from them because they don't have the phone I insured in the first place. I ask about any other pdas including the treo.

She proceeds to say:

"Well that's $599.99"

"So my mogul was $579.00 and thats $600 so I'm paying a 20 dollar difference? Fine I don't want a treo but I'm not ultra picky as long as I have all the functionality of my old phone"

"No, you will just be paying $599.99"

What? At that I told them I would call back and hung up. Called asurion back different rep says the same thing, get a touch, or basically just dont get a new phone that's similar to your old phone at all.

This has been four days in the making. This makes NO sense. The first thing asurion says is that they are going to offer a phone of comparable quality, but they offer me a phone that costs LESS than mine and has LESS functionality as far as I'm concerned. Sprint tells me to just BUY a new phone from them. What? I never knew what people meant about Sprint's terrible customer service until now.

Does anyone know any other options I have? At this point I'm about to just file a complaint with the BBB and have them mediate this situation, as I'm just being given the run around by Sprint and Asurion. Thanks in advance
2 words..."advanced exchange"...ask them to do that, c if that works out for u...however, advanced exchange isnt a way to get newer fones, jus a replacement for current fone

Last edited by skeegcpp; 12-25-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

Jef_Leppard is just getting started

after 6 faulty moguls in 8 months i went to my local sprint store and asked them to help me with something. they called asurion and did some fast talkin. i was gonna settle for a lateral move to a different phone. the offer was pay $200 for a touch pro and get a $100 rebate, i took it. guess i got lucky
Old 12-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul, htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sexygyrl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sexygyrl

I'm on my 4th mogul since March. I too had the screen come off. I just took it to Sprint and they gave me a new phone though. I received the other phones because 1 just stopped syncing and they couldn't get it to sync after several hard resets, and the other things were so minor I don't even remember what they were for.
Are you using a "real" Sprint store? The first store I went to after the screen was hanging off told me the same thing, but it was one of those franchise deals. I went across town and that was when I got the new phone (in the box...more cables, etc). If you pay the $7 you should be given a new phone in store.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think I should go to the actual corporate store in person, because this guy really didn't seem interested, and I don't understand how they call this physical damage without seeing the phone and CLEARLY there is nothing broken on it, it looks like the soldering was just weak. This is such a pain. i can't even find another phone besides the mogul or touch pro I would even really want.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

I hate hearing stories like this one. I have a claim pending for my wounded Mogul and Lord knows I don't want the run-around. The hardware switch for my WiFi went and the local repair shop won't touch it. Grr. And yes, its even worse cause it is over the holidays - Will probably be 2009 before I see a replacement.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

i posted a topic on how to dea with sprint a few weeks ago in the "off topic" section. sorry cant be more specific right now. theres a hotline you can call that will get u right to the top, so to speak.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 12-26-2008, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, I'm gonna look at that thread as I've made very little progress.

I know one thing, unless Sprint has some type of amazing plan next time my contract ends (and i'm talking about better than sero could even be), I will never touch this service again.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

@hyakku: Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with this. I've been lucky so far, in that I just had to have my Mogul replaced and went through the Self Serve replacement request form on the Sprint web site. They ended up sending me a NIB Mogul. That was just before a lot of people started being told that the Mogul is out of stock, as is the Touch Pro. Sadly, there's nothing that they can really do other than offer you a Diamond since that's the closest thing to the Mogul or Touch Pro that they have in stock. I've seen a few places where others have been successful in getting a "loaner" phone - essentially getting and using a Diamond until TPs are back in stock and then switching out - but that seems to take some serious bargaining and making sure you get in writing that you'll be able to get the TP as soon as its in stock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan