PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Agh, I know someone knows what to do up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
@hyakku: Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with this. I've been lucky so far, in that I just had to have my Mogul replaced and went through the Self Serve replacement request form on the Sprint web site. They ended up sending me a NIB Mogul. That was just before a lot of people started being told that the Mogul is out of stock, as is the Touch Pro. Sadly, there's nothing that they can really do other than offer you a Diamond since that's the closest thing to the Mogul or Touch Pro that they have in stock. I've seen a few places where others have been successful in getting a "loaner" phone - essentially getting and using a Diamond until TPs are back in stock and then switching out - but that seems to take some serious bargaining and making sure you get in writing that you'll be able to get the TP as soon as its in stock.
WEll I don't know how they got a diamond, but I got offered the Touch, and I just finally caved and took it as i need my phone sooner rather than later. In retrospect, the lack of keyboard I'll get used to, and the sidebuttons weren't my issue. I think I may have been able to argue for a diamond, but the lack of expandable memory just made the touch worth it to me.

However, I will be complaining CONSISTENTLY for ANY little problem and if I receive any disagreements I'm going straight to the BBB and ADR (or whatever acronym they have) to file a complaint. Hopefully my touch has no problems, they even made me pay $7 for the express shipping.

I also called the customer hotline, and they were also totally helpless.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:19 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No just talk to retentons.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

ahiatt77 is a n00b

I have had a similar issue, my wifi went out and has never worked, Sprint was "supposed to call me back when "Advanced tech support" was open, wekll that was two weeks ago, I called yesterday and now trhey are twlling me that I am SOL until the Mogul gets back in stock and they didn't even offer me a replacment in the mean time, Where are thes other sprint customers getting the chance to upgrade to the touch pro for the mogul?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Not too happy with Asurion. Submitted a clam the morning of the 22nd and it is still "processing".
After I shot a web request for an update, a rep emailed me with a vague 7 to 10 days.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

See, I told you I wasn't taking that risk

UPDATE THOUGH:

I went through a ton of stuff, emailed a vew vps, and got a response promptly. I know have a reference number for my case and I can contact the office on monday and speak directly with an executive. I'm going to update this thread for you guys with everything I did when I get a chance, including the information, contact numbers, and my detailed emails.

If this works I may be more willing to give sprint another chance, it's amazing how respectable, kind and efficient their vps are but they can't get any employees this way.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

stparker is a n00b

Oh my I am going through the same thing. I have a Mogul and I love my Mogul but about 4 months ago my Mogul began to freeze up a lot, stop making calls and shutting down w/out notice. I called Asurion and they sent me another Mogul for the 50 deductible. I haven't had this model a good 4 months and it began doing the same thing. I took it to the store and at first they blamed the third party software. I insisted that was not the problem but he assured if I get a hard reset I would be good to go. I did that and about 6 hrs later the phone began freezing again and shutting on and off. I was not able to do anything and finally called technical support who advised me to do another hard reset, this time costing me all the info in my phone (the guy at the store had managed to save my contacts but the phone rep couldnt tell me how he did it). I called Account Services and demanded a replacement but different model. They offered me 150 off retail. I advised that was no good considering the phones are nearly 600 and I don't have 350 lying around. Then they said they could give me the Mogul and to take it or leave it. I called back this morning and the rep stated she called Asurion and spoke to management and they stated they could send me a Diamond but it was backordered. She called the Sprint store in my area and they agreed to replace if I brought the phone back in for them to see. After keeping me there for 3 hours they had secretly programmed a Touch and tried to hand it to me... I kindly told them to take that and shove it and to boot back up my Mogul and I would be on my way. I gave them a piece of my mind for trying to pull a fast one on me and lying to say the Touch was just as good as the Mogul. I knew better. I called back to the customer service and went to retention. I threatened to cancel. They offered me the Instinct. I asked what was the problem with giving me a phone comparable to the one I purchased? She had no answers and then finally said if you refuse what we offer we would hate to see you go but we will cancel your service and you will be fined with early termination fees. Their customer service sucks! Ive read how people in this forum simply walked in their local store and was given a Touch Pro w/out question. I have a friend that went from a Treo 755p to a Touch Pro by doing the replacement online. I got the same story as you and I have not been successful. No one can answer why they are trying to downgrade the customers and Moguls are no longer being sold. They are always suppose to offer the next best thing, but obviously they are not into providing good service. I need someone to tell me how to completely reprogram this Mogul to hold on until I either switch service providers or am eligible for a new customer upgrade in which I will get the Touch Pro for the new customer price. I only have two months until I am eligible for a full upgrade and they wouldnt even allow me to go ahead and do that. I am so frustrated with their poor service I don't know what to do. If you find out anything or find someone w/in that company to help you can you please let me know? Thanks! My email addr is traloola@msn.com
Old 12-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

i went through a similar situation with sprint a few days ago. after 7 moguls in 4 months i was furious and when i called sprint they told me that my only option was to pay for an upgrade to the tune of almost 400.00 for the touch pro. i finally asked how much it would cost to get me out of my contract and they told me 200.00. when i told the c.s. manager that i was talking to that it would be cheaper for me to opt out of my contract and go to another carrier she got another person on the line who was quick to jump through any hoop to get me into the phone i wanted for free. i was offered the touch, the diamond, and the pro. i personally opted for the diamond. i also explained that because i followed the "instructions" of one of their technical advisors i lost all information and programs that were on my phone. after the threat of cancellation once again i got sprint to agree that giving me a 300.00 dollar credit would not be so bad either. so not only did i get the phone i wanted i also got them to "pay" me.........
Old 12-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Your experiences are quite concerning. I just shot another email to Asurion about getting things moving on my Mogul claim. Hope they do something about it.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I WON!!!!!!

Alright, I talked to Jerry Adriano, he apologized after I wrote an extremely professional letter (I write pretty damn well not to toot my damn horn) essentially explaining what happening, name dropping on a few of the CS reps that tried to **** me, and also suggested some of their shadier tactics weren't completely legal (like when one of the reps tried to get me to buy a new phone, extend my contract, and I should get a refund when I get my phone).

I had caved and a touch was coming, but when I talked to my exec they assigned for me she asserted there was nothing that could be done, blah blah, she called me back again asserted that so I sent a last email to Jerrry, again saying that I had been hopeful he would be more accomodating, that I'm still experiencing difficulties, and ended by saying if nothing else can be done please just provide the information necessary to file with the BBB, adr, as well as some other consumer centric organizations.

Briefly after that I get a call back from the same exec, asking me if i'm at home (a major reason I couldn't wait these varying days is because I leave to uni in a few days and then if all works out on a business trip ooc, but I've gotten sick and without my phone I'm not sure if the trip is even still on), and that she's talking to a store manager now. Calls me back a few minutes later saying he's gonna work it out in store. I got lost on the way (ironically enough because I ddn't have GPS on me), and I called her back from the person who was driving me phhone. She tells me where it is and ends with saying,

"Yea just try to get over there soon he's holding a Touch PRO for you".

VICTORY!!!!! Sprint, all I wanted was my damn mogul, and though I miss the buttons, I actually got the truly COMPARABLE model as they claimed, and so I will accept this phone.

If you have TRULY exhausted all their resources, stayed polite and calm, while still being a bit scathingly professional, and if you really have been wronged I suggest following Tovs thread and contacting the higher ups.

Touch pro, WOO!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

cool beans..gota love persistence...hey, next time i gota scream on a company or sumthin, i mite need u to write me one of the "professional" letters..lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan