PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lattisimo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
Sprint PPC-6800 (Mogul) Delayed - Or is it?

Sprints PPC-6800 was to launch on 6/18 and on 7/15 in stores. It has now been delayed until further notice. Sorry for the bad news.

This seems to have no relation to the qualcom ban though. It seems to be a software issue with the device.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
Whats ur source
Old 06-14-2007, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho
Whats ur source
This guy doesn't need one. He is the source.

Secondly, I can confirm it as well. Just got off the phone with a level 3 tech regarding my 6700 (wifi is shot again, 3rd phone) so he put notes in for me to get a 6800 when they are available. He said he just got the info that they are being delayed. He heard maybe July but no one knows for sure at this point. He did say they are NOT in the warehouse and they obviously haven't been flashed to WM6 yet.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
Quote:
Whats ur source

Secondly, I can confirm it as well. Just got off the phone with a level 3 tech regarding my 6700 (wifi is shot again, 3rd phone) so he put notes in for me to get a 6800 when they are available. He said he just got the info that they are being delayed. He heard maybe July but no one knows for sure at this point. He did say they are NOT in the warehouse and they obviously haven't been flashed to WM6 yet.
Thanks for the backup Darth. I assure you this is genuine info. The devices are in warehouse, that is where the problem is. The software problem is preventing them from programming the devices for shipment.

This could mean that they are having problems loading WM6 or that a software used for programming is not working with WM6. Unfortunately they were not too specific.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattisimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
Quote:
Whats ur source

Thanks for the backup Darth. I assure you this is genuine info. The devices are in warehouse, that is where the problem is. The software problem is preventing them from programming the devices for shipment.

This could mean that they are having problems loading WM6 or that a software used for programming is not working with WM6. Unfortunately they were not too specific.
Thanks for the clarification that they are in the warehouse, makes me feel better about them figuring it out quickly and not having to wait for the device. The 6700 is killing me with the WiFi keeps getting messed up (not to mention the joystick and touchscreen). I just hope they honor the comments the tech left in my screen regarding the 6800 as a replacement.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shivers is a n00b
I saw some posts pop up on other sites today. I had hoped it was bad info or just rumor.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Now Network

sd4shizy is keeping up the good worksd4shizy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy
guys i am sooo sad. it's not a rumor. i swear
Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
If they are having so many troubles programmig them they shuould just let luv, colo, helmi, coke and malatesta have them for a couple of days.... trust me.. they would be fixed.

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

starfury1 is a n00b
ARG!!!! This was supposed to be my birthday gift to myself, my birthday was in MAY!!!

but anyway i have seen this report at other forums though at pdaphonehome, the reports have included an interesting and hopeful twist, that the delay is confirmed, but for indirect sales only, and that direct sales are still scheduled for june 18th...

I really hope this is true, but as with everything on the net i take with a grain of salt... either way i guess we will know on monday...
Old 06-15-2007, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lattisimo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfury1
ARG!!!! This was supposed to be my birthday gift to myself, my birthday was in MAY!!!

but anyway i have seen this report at other forums though at pdaphonehome, the reports have included an interesting and hopeful twist, that the delay is confirmed, but for indirect sales only, and that direct sales are still scheduled for june 18th...

I really hope this is true, but as with everything on the net i take with a grain of salt... either way i guess we will know on Monday...
I hope you are right about that. That does seem like it should work except that the info i saw said all sales channels will be affected until the issue is resolved.

Please let me be wrong.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan