PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Confirmed Android coming to Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50311)

gbm85 12-23-2008 02:19 PM

Confirmed Android coming to Sprint

I'm posting in this forum since it could be relevant to people who are considering a Mogul-to-TouchPro upgrade.

I work in security at a T-Mobile call center. I just had an HTC rep come in to set up a booth. She said "I'm with HTC... we make the Google phone" lol. I guess you have to assume people are clueless. Anyway I asked her if they are working on an Android phone for Sprint. She said yes they are and AT&T as well. I asked her if I should go ahead and get a Touch Pro or if the Sprint Android will be out soon... she kind of hesitated, and said she didn't know, but she did say that the T-Mobile G2 (yes, she confirmed that too) would probably come out BEFORE any other carriers get Android. You should have seen the smile on my face. Hope it gets released soon!

samfreese 12-23-2008 04:17 PM

Re: Confirmed Android coming to Sprint

I can't wait...WM drives me nuts](*,)

InvincibleLiving 12-23-2008 04:22 PM

i'm gonna ride for winmo till i die...

apacho01 12-23-2008 07:41 PM

a friend of mine had a G1. I wasnt to impressed with the android on it. I guess I will have to wait till the software devs get some more apps for it. till then I will be content with WIMO. The scrolling feature was nice though.

bayushikitsune 12-23-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apacho01 (Post 596650)
a friend of mine had a G1. I wasnt to impressed with the android on it. I guess I will have to wait till the software devs get some more apps for it. till then I will be content with WIMO. The scrolling feature was nice though.

I concur with you. I am a rep for T-mobile and I'm also not impressed with the android market or the G1 phone. I lie to customer all the time saying it compares with Iphone....it doesn't nor does the market place. I would love to see a different version of the G1 come to sprint. I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Fake_Death 12-23-2008 08:14 PM

I think I will stay with WinMo.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-23-2008 08:26 PM

While I am considering moving on to a new OS, I agree with yall. WM is TONS better than Android. No way would I ever look at that unless it got some awsome apps and was very tweakable..

micro254 12-23-2008 08:54 PM

im a big fan of pocket pc 's and im happy with winmo but if the iphone software could be made to work on the touch pro i'd love it

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-23-2008 09:18 PM

Yep. I am more and more liking some of the iPhone. I know it won't be what WM is but there are a lot less lockups and 'soft resets'...That's all I'm gonna say for now...

boubert 12-23-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro254 (Post 596829)
im a big fan of pocket pc 's and im happy with winmo but if the iphone software could be made to work on the touch pro i'd love it

hearatics, one and all !!!... LOL...