PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)
Carrier: Sprint

tripflex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tripflex
Found Touch...

Being a Mogul owner myself i understand how it can be a pain in the a** to lose you phone...well, i just happened to be on the other end of it this time.

Basically i was walking through the parking lot at walmart and saw something out of the corner of my eye...it just happened to be the touch pro. I sat in my car for about 30 minutes playing around with it and nobody showed up...

Well i have the phone in my possession and it looks as though it's a brand new phone because the person only has like 4 outgoing calls, no contacts, and a couple random pictures. I tried calling back the number in the phone and the person was unsure of who's phone it was.

Well under the tasks the guy had get insurance on phone, and then he had 12/22/08 next to it.

So i'm assuming that he has insurance on this phone, but now here is my dilemma. Do i use the phone or don't i? Now i know he is probably going to call and get insurance on it...but i remember on my old i930 i lost i ended up finding it about a month later and i was able to activate it on my girlfriends phone.

My question is...if he calls sprint and reports it lost will i not be able to use it? But if he calls assurion directly i will?

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Found Touch...

If it is reported lost you will be able to use it at all on Sprint.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
If it is reported lost you will be able to use it at all on Sprint.
I'm guessing you mean i won't be able to? See that's what i'm worried about...but after my experience and asking another friend he said if the guy calls the insurance company directly to file a claim and doesn't go through sprint then i should be fine?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

nah... dont do it... it's not even the time of year to ponder taking advantage of someone else's loss... if i lost my diamond i'd be HURT... doesnt even matter that i have insurance.

where's your christmas spirit?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
nah... dont do it... it's not even the time of year to ponder taking advantage of someone else's loss... if i lost my diamond i'd be HURT... doesnt even matter that i have insurance.

where's your christmas spirit?
Well, i tried to figure out how to get it back to the person because trust me, i would be absolutely hurt too! I was the past 3 times i lost my mogul hahaha...but this guy doesn't have any information on the phone about who he is. I guess i could call sprint to try and figure it out...but chances are by now he already ordered another one
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripflex View Post
Being a Mogul owner myself i understand how it can be a pain in the a** to lose you phone...well, i just happened to be on the other end of it this time.

Basically i was walking through the parking lot at walmart and saw something out of the corner of my eye...it just happened to be the touch pro. I sat in my car for about 30 minutes playing around with it and nobody showed up...

Well i have the phone in my possession and it looks as though it's a brand new phone because the person only has like 4 outgoing calls, no contacts, and a couple random pictures. I tried calling back the number in the phone and the person was unsure of who's phone it was.

Well under the tasks the guy had get insurance on phone, and then he had 12/22/08 next to it.

So i'm assuming that he has insurance on this phone, but now here is my dilemma. Do i use the phone or don't i? Now i know he is probably going to call and get insurance on it...but i remember on my old i930 i lost i ended up finding it about a month later and i was able to activate it on my girlfriends phone.

My question is...if he calls sprint and reports it lost will i not be able to use it? But if he calls assurion directly i will?

Thanks for the help guys!
The right thing to do is call Sprint and say you found a phone. They can match the ESN.
You know that is what you should do.

If I helped you, click here
Old 12-23-2008, 01:41 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Have you received any calls to the phone? try calling some of the numbers in his call history. See if anyone know who it is. If it is reported as lost or stolen, you wont be able to use it. Be if not.....

Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
The right thing to do is call Sprint and say you found a phone. They can match the ESN.
You know that is what you should do.
+1

If the role was reversed, what would you be thinking about doing to the guy that had your phone but kept it?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

haha true true...i kinda already knew what everyones answer was gonna be on here...just thought id take a shot and see. Nobody has called it and i've tried everything except calling sprint.

But see i'm still not getting my question answered though...if he called the insurance company directly are they going to ban me from using the phone or do they just expect sprint to handle that and then sprint forward you to them?

The reason i ask is because the number he had for insurance goes directly to assurion(?) and not to sprint...
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Asurion will communicate with Sprint if a claim has been filed on the phone. Sprint will know if they phone has been reported lost/stolen even if the consumer didn't call them directly to notify them.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan