PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Moving On From my Titan.

Though its been fun modding, tweaking, flashing and hacking my Titan to the brink of death and back, I've decided to move on. I tried the Omnia for 3 days and had to take it back, I was disappointed. The Touch Pro from VZW... well we all know that story. So I decided to order a *putting on flame retardant suit* BlackBerry Storm and give that a whirl.

I read for days on crackberry.com. Read all the reviews, some good, some bad. It seems alot of the little bugs (laggy accelerometer, camera acting funny ect ect) are being addressed, in the OS upgrades. I've done one official OS upgrade, and I'm now running the latest leaked rom. It now rotates faster than my friends iPhone, and the browser is smoking fast, think opera mini but rendering on the phone.

It arrived on the 15th, and after getting it all set up I'm liking it. The lack of a physical keyboard was something that kind of scared me, but considering neither the Omnia or the Storm have one, it was something I'd have to get used to. Omnia vs Storm as far as on screen KB Storm wins hands down. The SureType keyboard in portrait is neat. Its not always 100% but its close and I'm getting used to it.

The lack of app development for the storm sucks, but its only been out for a month. The lack of "tweakablility" is something I'm still not used to, I don't know if its the way BB is, or if no one is diggin around alot on these devices.

Overall I'm impressed with this device, and will probably be keeping it. I've lost no functionality making the switch, I can still do everything I was doing with my titan, business wise, on the storm.

Fear not my fellow geeks (and yes I still consider myself a ppcgeek) I'm not leaving. I've been here atleast once a day, to check for new versions of my favorite apps, see what the buzz is, and just to see if people need help. I'm also thinking about trying out the kitchens, and cooking up some roms with some of the apps and settings I was using, just so people could see how I was using it, and perhaps show them something they didn't know you could do with it.

I've never been one to be a fanboy and I'm hardly ever brand loyal (there are a few things but that's beside the point) but if you're stuck on vzw due to contracts, work, best coverage in your area(me) or anything else I'd like to suggest the storm. Its a great device and its only getting better. If you don't like it you can always switch out

Many thanks are due all over the place, so instead of trying to name individuals, I'm gonna say it like this. To the owner(s) mods and staff, thank you for running one of the best forums I have ever been a part of. I've enjoyed it and learned so much, and I will continue to. To the members, thank you for making this place what it is, a community. Thank you for your help, your insight, patience and knowledge. With out it, where would we all be?

Again a BIG THANKS to all you geeks out there.

Yours in Geekdom
Kyle
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Moving On From my Titan.

That flame retardant suit isnt going to save you from me and me telling you what you can do with your BB...........J/K

Seiously, WM isnt for everyone. I had an iPhone for a long time. I started out with Palm years ago. For right now I am with WM. Who knows where the future will lead. Good luck to you and remember you are always welcome to visit and return.

BTW, I went to the tat shop last night to get some more work done. Well see how it all turns out.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Being an IT engineer, WM is pretty much the platform I will stay with. I need and use remote desktop, pcAnywhere, VNC etc. a lot. I also like and use many applications on a daily basis that jusr aren't available on the Blackberry. I also have the 3500 mAh battery for this phone. I doubt that they will make a larger battery for the BB.

Good luck with your new choice!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 12-23-2008, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just curious, but how's the battery life on the Storm? I used to have a Curve for work and I could use it a lot and not have to charge everyday. That, along with the BB email, are two things I actually do miss about it. As for the lack of tweakability, that's pretty much how it goes with Blackberries. They are solid devices though.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 12-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
Just curious, but how's the battery life on the Storm? I used to have a Curve for work and I could use it a lot and not have to charge everyday. That, along with the BB email, are two things I actually do miss about it. As for the lack of tweakability, that's pretty much how it goes with Blackberries. They are solid devices though.
I use www.seven.com to get all my Hotmail/MSN/Live and Gmail email with no issues. I dont do ISP POP3 mail because I dont ever know when I might change ISPs. As for remote accessing my PCs, I use Z2 Remote2PC and it works great. I like it more than VNC. I think the BB Storm looks cool and Im glad other carriers are trying to compete with devices like the iPhone
Old 12-23-2008, 01:08 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Well, since you are so brave as to make a thread on leaving I guess I will so my true feelings right now as well.

I love my phone but I am getting tired of the lagging and cluncky feeling that Windows Mobile has. The devices are huge, but it's just the outdated looking OS that I can't stand anymore. It has more power than any other OS but what good is it if I have to soft reset a lot? I know the chefs have modded and improved many things but at the end of the day it is still Windows Mobile.

I know that Windows Mobile is great because of syncing and just all the great features we know all know about. But I am starting more and more to move somewhere to where you guys are gonna hate me for...

So, I might try one more WM Device with more RAM (the Touch). But it I don't like it I am out and on to another OS, which won't be BB by the way

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

this thread is pure geek blasphemy! Kyle if you're not with us you're against us lol

j/k dude, best of luck!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

to all leaving to other phones: thank you for coming close the door on your way out...we will soon follow
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My TyTn RIP now Touch Pro--->MIGHTY TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Spreek- Sprint/PPCGeek Merger

Del30 is becoming a great contributor

Kyle you are still welcome here as long as you don't turn into a how do you call it, "fan boy" of the Storm LMAO. I tried to discourage a good friend of mine from getting a STORM by informing them of all the kinks in it but i guess it did not matter and got it anyway. I guess it was a better transition from a Sidekick to a Storm then to a WM device for him since he really is not into phones like DEL30 is. Besides like weedahoe stated WM is NOT for everyone.

Kyle try to stay dry in your STORM!

INTEL DIVISION--ON SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT
Old 12-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon
Threadstarter

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

LOL thanks for all the wishes guys. As for leaving? never! Like I said I'm still here everyday checkin stuff out. I have several friends on windows mobile who think I'm a god at it LMAO.

It wasn't that winmo didn't work for me... I more needed a change, and something different. Perhaps I'll be back on when WM 7 hits.. who knows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan