PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Can someone recommend a good already made ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50214)

1454 12-22-2008 10:28 PM

Can someone recommend a good already made ROM?

One with a good alarm, ability to download the Pandora.cab and www.thestreamcenter.com stuff. And one with a more finger finger friendly dialer. These are the main things I care about having, and eventually a good GPS program.

kid_29 12-24-2008 01:40 PM

Re: Can someone recommend a good already made ROM?

This Would Help Me Out To

MrObvious 12-24-2008 02:39 PM

DCD 3.3.4 is nice all around. It's a simple matter of installing the cabs you want. If no one posts the Pandora cab I got it on my computer and I'll probably check this out or PM me.

gearjunkeez 12-24-2008 02:47 PM

I agree, DCD's or nuerom are awesome. Look for scrolser's titan rom w/TF2d built in. Its quick and stable. Then, if you want a good dialer, use PDG's Throttle2d dialer or minimal dialer. I actually cooked my own rom using buil os with the latest buid and I have a sweet rom on my titan. Then, its just the extra cabs like MrObvious said.

Imaginos 12-24-2008 10:05 PM

I would get behind NueROM or GaMedic's ROMS.
Had my WiFi switch die on me and the cooked in hardware switching app saved my butt. Thought I was dead in the water w/o 802.11g capability.
Using GaMedic's right now. It's stable and I love the collection of apps.

MikeElGiga23 12-25-2008 03:49 AM

i was using nuerom and switched to dcd 3.3.4 and loving the stability on this baby, less memory leak, no keyboard lag at all, and instantanious portrait/landscape switch!! rock solid rom IMO, im running manila2d and am booting at 22 megs with like 30 apps installed to my memory and idle at 20 megs all day. very nice memory without sacrificing the camera

1454 12-31-2008 11:00 PM

My processor stays between 85-100 % used all the time, is this normal? I have Gamedics ROM and really like it. And that is without any apps running. All in the Idle process. BTW happy new year and a Late merry christmas.

GaMedic 01-01-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1454 (Post 611282)
My processor stays between 85-100 % used all the time, is this normal? I have Gamedics ROM and really like it. And that is without any apps running. All in the Idle process. BTW happy new year and a Late merry christmas.

That is not normal. It may be a program that you are using. What programs did you add after you put the ROM on? I have not had this reported by anyone else.

1454 01-01-2009 09:20 PM

The only things that I have added are pandora, skyfire, and google maps. But it does it even when those are closed, not just Xed. And the alarm still doesn't wake up from standby to go off. Other than that it is exactly how you put it up here for us. Thanks BTW.

1454 01-01-2009 09:24 PM

Currently not running any programs and the CPU usage (idle processes) under the DOT task manager is 88.06%. That is with nothing running.