PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
I cant take it anymore

i dont really care that i only have 100 posts, im a smart guy that catches on quick... but im sorry how isnt everyone completely annoyed but this Titan Forum..

did you know theres like 6 different threads on "how do i tether, or use wifi for my laptop/PC.. a bunch about being stuck in bootloader mode..quite a few on MMS issuse.. a few more on disabling the radio so call just disrupt your data usuage.. its just old.. why arent the mods or web designers doing anything about it... we cant even delete are own posts if we asked a stupid question, or got a good quick solid answer form someone... no instead we have to see 100 differnt people all give the same 3 answers to that thread because none of them actually read t see f the question was answered properly..

and geeuz people, that search button works freakin wonders, wow, what do u know so does google.. everyday theres new posts "How do i flash a Rom" r "how do i flash to metro or alltel" these question are all answered in depth and sticked...why r these topics even alowed to be posted again??? if you try to post a similar topic, the it should generate a message for you tellin you a similar post is made, heres the link, please check before posting... i bet this reduces site clutter more than 25% in a weeks time..

so instead we get told to reduce out thread subscriptions to make room for more needless questions about the same 5 topics weve all been talking about forever..

i just feel like the site could be cleaner and more user friendly.. this site is caled PPC right, whys it wrk so Jankie form our phones then???

we all want to help the little guy i understand that, heck at some point we all were, or maybe still are the little guy, just lease folks ask your questons more carfully, use the search bars, and please for the love of all thats holy, stop calling using wifi as modem "tethering", its not the same...you either want a usb hookup or over-the-air(wifi), theres a differnce

sorry for being so rude
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: I cant take it anymore

I feel the same way to an extent. I can't stand how people repeat questions about "Help I tihnk I bricked my phone". Maybe they need to make sure a noob searches before posting. Most come in and just post. I wonder if there is a vBulletin mod that can do something like that.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thats it man, all i ask, weve all posted abvious newb quesyions before, i get that.. but yeah maybe you shouldnt be able to post until like x number of thank yous(i admit i need to do that more, just look).. but that would normally mean, newbies are reading posts, takin in the info, and understanding what their reading....

now i personally dont see the point... but most of these "bricked my phone" are people with 1-10 posts and they tried to "unlock" their phone to flash the stock rom, which u dont even need to do to flash it.. or the get in there and totally jack up their regstry.. i understand savin money and trying things yourself... but if your not already tech savvy then most of the stuff you can do with your phone is too advanced for ya to begin with.. Pay the 40 bucks to have Alltel,metro,vzw flash safely for you..

i know FAR FAR from everythng about all this stuff, but ive never jacked my phone, and then posted 'i think i bricked my mogul" then every ten minutes till i get an answer repost "anyone?" anyone?" over and over again..
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

@CrazyChef..I completely agree with you. We get some noobs that want the info spoon fed to them. As I've said in other posts, we've all got where we are in the PPC world by putting in the time and effort to learn about our particular device and WinMo in general.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

not saying its going to, this one may get ugly. op, do you see the problem in the titan forum or widespread?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

more here than anywhere, but then again, im a mogul user so i dont spend a alot of time anywhere else really...im sure the TP room is nuts with it also though.. ill find out though, my TP is in the mail from Escalations Dept, but im pretty sure im just selling it for a good conditioned mogul and cash
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

this happens in every forum.(i had a couple paragraphes type but don't want to open any doors)i try to help others because others help me.i know it gets old seeing the same thing over and over,but if we regulars show the newbs how it's done then they can pass it along.sometimes if the answer is obvious,i don't reply to the post.so don't get angry,just try helping.this is not a flame,i just remember being new once.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

no its cool, i understand.. i dont mind helping when i can, maybe i just need to learn more again so i can answer more advanced stuff lol..

ohh and i went and looked our "titan" room has 7 pages, "TP" 270+ lol
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

it's all good.this came up when you were responding to me....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53912
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Fully agree.

Although using the data connection to make a WiFi router IS tethering. Tethering simply means to piggy back on the cell phone data connection to provide a data connection to another device.

http://www.answers.com/tethering

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan