PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

i want to know if i can use my 6800 as a modem for my xbox 360 thur usb or any other way!!?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

Did you try WMWifiRouter?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Check some of the older threads because someone som3 time back was trying to do the same with a PS3
Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

The 360 without the wireless adapter ether the official one or one of the 3rd party supported wifi adapters will not work for using your mogul as a wireless modem.

If you plug your smart phone into the 360 the best its going to do is let u listen to music or watch stored videos off of it.

I could be wrong but your best bet is to dl and try out the ics .21 app and set your phone up in it to be a usb wifi adapter that would be the only way to do i then just join a wireless network with the 360 and play away.

Other option is to get one of the supported wifi adapters to plug into the 360's usb port and try that way. Using the same app set it to be a wireless hotspot for the 360 to connect to AdHoc network.

Here is the xda post explaining all that the app can do

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

williejr185 is just getting started

I use my Mogul to connect to the playstation network all of the time. First get the application called PdaNet from here. Install the application on your PC and phone. Then go to the "View Network Connections" folder on your PC and enable "Connection Sharing" on the connection called PdaNet. Once these steps are completed all you have to do is connect a network cable from your PC to your XBOX 360 and it should be able to connect. The speed is about 2.4Mbps. I've even connected my PC to the "connection source port" of a wireless router and connected wirelessly. I know, I'm crazy.

Last edited by williejr185; 11-16-2008 at 03:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by williejr185 View Post
I use my Mogul to connect to the playstation network all of the time. First get the application called PdaNet from here. Install the application on your PC and phone. Then go to the "View Network Connections" folder on your PC and enable "Connection Sharing" on the connection called PdaNet. Once these steps are completed all you have to do is connect a network cable from your PC to your XBOX 360 and it should be able to connect. The speed is about 2.4Mbps. I've even connected my PC to the "connection source port" of a wireless router and connected wirelessly. I know, I'm crazy.

does this work for the ps3 too?

tia
Old 11-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

I got mine to connect using WMWIFIRouter to the Original xBox wireless adapter connected to my 360. Speeds were just good enough for me to play halo 3 on xBox live. it lagged a bit but it was playable.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

williejr185 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadthai View Post
does this work for the ps3 too?

tia
Yes, I have a PS3 and it works. I've downloaded firmware updates using this type of connection.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Question Re: internet sharing 6800 to xbox360

Does any one have experience with using usb female to ethernet rj45 male adaptors?

check this link out to see what im talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4X-USB-Female-...1%7C240%3A1318

what i am trying to do is connect my xv6800 to my xbox360 to access xbox live!! If anyone has experence with making this happen or know of another way to make this work please share but please keep in mind that i use my xv6800 as my main and only internet connection ( unlimited data plan usage with so far no hidden caps)!!!

If you can be of any help Thanz In Advance!!!v =D>

Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deboy69 is a n00b

Yes you can. There are two ways that I have personally gotten it to work. Use WMWifiRouter and the xbox360 wireless usb adapter. Second you can use ICS i use vista ultimate 64bit and Mogul connected via usb. Connect the 360 via ithernet cable to the laptop go into networking and bridge the two connections the Mogul connection and ethernet connection. And your up and running. I have spent hours on my mogul with little issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan