PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Car Audio Receiver and the Mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50044)

jgirvine 12-21-2008 04:56 PM

Car Audio Receiver and the Mogul

In the market for a new car. None that I am looking at has blue tooth phone setup.

So, I need to buy a new Audio Receiver for my car. Any recommendations out there? I really liked the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT but a number of reviews say that the person on the other end of your call says it sounds like you are talking with a tin can, then some one else said it would not pair with their windows based phone....so I am back to square one.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

MrObvious 12-21-2008 08:47 PM

Re: Car Audio Receiver and the Mogul

Pick up a mini-USB to 3.5mm adapter. It won't do phone calls but at least you can play music that way. You can get one $11 shipped from moguldepot.com.

gator2k83 12-21-2008 09:04 PM

to me bluetooth is over rated. It is nice for a wireless connection and transferring small amounts of data. But most units use cheap microphones for the in car hands free so the caller on the other in hears crap. My theory is crap in crap out. The DEH-7000BT is a good head unit with the built in bluetooth. However if you get the DEH-P6000UB it has a better display and the usb built in so can charge your mogul and control the music you have on the storage card when hooked up in USB mode. Its also a little cheaper then the DEH-7000BT.

Or you can go the route that I did with my mogul and use the built in aux in on most pioneer radio's with the cd changer port.

You can buy the cable or make your own for cheap. I hacked up the stock headphones that came with the phone and 2.5mm headset splitter to be able to use the mic from the headset for handsfree with stereo audio output. The splitter also allows me to charge the mogul @ the same time. I extended the cables to the mic and wired to the splitter. I mounted the mic at the top of my a pillar on the drivers side and ran the cables down behind that into the dash (wires hidden) back to my cradle. The power comes from the inverter that i have that has usb charging that gets routed into the splitter. I only have one connection that i need to make to my phone when i get in the car the splitter. I get audio out into the pioneer deck the mogul charges and i can accept calls and the music pauses and resumes when call is over.

I have been working 12hr days for the past 6 days and have not had time to post pictures of my install yet. Once I get time off. 24th of Dec. I will take and post pictures of how nice it works maybe even a youtube video if i have time.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=580026 thats the thread that I will update soon.

To me this is your best route as I don't have to worry about having the phone pair with the head unit or battery draining with bluetooth on while not paired to the head unit. There are some expensive dash mounts out for the mogul that have audio and mic features built in with charging support so all you would have to do is get in car and dock the radio if you wanted a simple solution.

seraphazaziel79 12-21-2008 09:35 PM

There is a head unit out there that I was looking at that is bluetooth ready and had a built in mic within the deck. I can't remember which Electronics store that I saw it at. Probably Fry's Electronics out here in Arizona. Anyways to get to the point I was informed that it will pair up with your phone and you will be able to make calls from the phone or the deck. Sounds crazy right but I'll confirm it when I have the chance.

mikldom 12-21-2008 09:49 PM

I had EXCELLENT results with the Dual Head units with the bluetooth module from Best Buy... they worked great with the mogul.. Not very good with music over bluetooth tho, but the interface, ability to dial through the deck, answering it with radio and call quality was second to none.

I hit a deer last month with my car, so my replacement car is a 2009 Ford Focus with the Microsoft Sync setup and that thing works PHENOMINAL!!! you talk to the car to tell it to dial people.

it plays off a ipod, or just use a usb flash drive.. I have an 8 gig drive with 41 albums on it.. the car indexes the music, you hit the button on the steering wheel, it asks you for a command, you say "USB Audio" it confirms, hit the button again and say "play artist Black Eyed Peas" (or whatever you want), it confirms .. it is just great!!!!

My 2009 Ford Focus is by far the best car I have owned, and I have owned recent model civics, etc.. this one gets 35-37 miles to the gallon consistently, is fully loaded, has great power, and only costs me 285/month!!! No wonder why FORD did not need the bailout.. they are in trouble, but have been working on it for a couple of years.. and Toy and Honda are in trouble too, but not getting bailouts, as they get awesome tax breaks from the southern states in property taxes, credits, land given to them, etc.. that is their subsidy.

anyways.. just wanted to tell you my bluetooth/mogul exp.

seraphazaziel79 12-22-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikldom (Post 592224)
I had EXCELLENT results with the Dual Head units with the bluetooth module from Best Buy... they worked great with the mogul..

Yeah...thats who it was....Dual brand. But here are some pretty good options with built in mics to link up with your celly. http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-13598_7-6754053-5.html