PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Lurker

aznbruinboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send text to multiple recipents.

Is there a program or plugin that will allow me to send a text message to multiple recipients instead of sending them one at a time? I know it's possible with the ; and space but I'm hoping to avoid that and just type out the next person immediately. Is there a registry fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by aznbruinboy; 01-05-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Send text to multiple recipents.

This might be what you are looking for, is called GroupSMS, i have not use this software so i dont know how it works but you can try, download it here:
http://freewareppc.com/communication...shubaroo.shtml
Let me know if it works for you, there is couple more out there i could give you the link if this one dont work for you.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have it and use it occasionally. I don't send too many group texts, but when I need to it works really well.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

IDK about you guys but the default SMS/MMS threader in 6.1 does multiples just fine. I simply start typing the first few letters of a contact and it gives a dropdown based on what ive typed. I can select it and start type a new contact and it will populate it also. It auto adds the ";" character anyway so am I missing something that you guys are doing differently?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
IDK about you guys but the default SMS/MMS threader in 6.1 does multiples just fine. I simply start typing the first few letters of a contact and it gives a dropdown based on what ive typed. I can select it and start type a new contact and it will populate it also. It auto adds the ";" character anyway so am I missing something that you guys are doing differently?
Thats the way i doit, thats the reason i dont use the GroupSMS program nor other similar program, i am sure on the GroupSMS program you can select the contacts or a group of contacts you are going to send a text to, for some people is a lot of easier specially i they arent that good with typing..

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 01-05-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Or take a look at Power SMS here...http://www.trinketsoftware.com/powersms/

Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

You can send to multiple people without any special software. Start the message by selecting "Send Text Message" to one of the recipients in your contacts. This will bring up the message in the same format as your email in outlook mobile (rather than in a threaded format). Then simply keep adding recipients before you hit send. I do it all the time. Once it is sent, your threaded messaging will show one message for each recipient. Why use a third party program full of glitches and bugs when you don't need to?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Some people like the added features, such as scheduling messages to be sent at a specific time, replying to missed calls with sms, quickly sending to designated groups, etc. It's not for everyone, but like anything else, there is a market for it.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah I do have an app called TimedSMS which I use for scheduling SMSs for Bdays and such but the only time I do groups are for holidays. Even then have if the idiots dont respond back so Ive just about quit doing that too.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Yeah I do have an app called TimedSMS which I use for scheduling SMSs for Bdays and such but the only time I do groups are for holidays. Even then have if the idiots dont respond back so Ive just about quit doing that too.
I hear you man. I dont know if they just dont like me anymore or they're just too damn lazy. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan