PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: help!! ranch plus 6800= not good

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphazaziel79 View Post
I would say try alcohol
Ok.

Make sure you use something durable like a rag or something. If you use cotton or paper towels they leave behind crap.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybagina View Post
How are you trying to charge it? If you have the dock with you, try charging the battery when it is out of the phone. I have had phones where the usb connection had dirty contacts, and cleaning them would solve the problem.
im trying to charge it through the usb port. i wish i had my craddle right now cause i could just charge my phones battery but alas i m 612 miles from home. ugh!!! but its shows that its charging and is a 5% and i just plugged it in about 15-20 min ago...

~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 12-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphazaziel79 View Post
I would say try alcohol or any other type of solvent that will quickly dry out to clean the usb connection will do the trick. Don't use a heavy amount and please do this with the battery out of the phone and not with the phone in a position where anything will drip on the connection. Should work fine afterward. If not and you feel tech savvy you can open up the phone and clean that part of the mainboard and test to see if you can get a charge. If you have solder experiece....just buy a parts phone and replace the usb connection. If you have insurance just replace the phone.
well i'll think ill try the alcohol iif this doesnt work... but could i use one of the alcohol swab pads... they use them for cleaning your skin when you get a shot, could those work?

~chevy
Old 12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well this really sucks! I think there is a sticker on the Titan battery that turns red when wet.

Good luck!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Well this really sucks! I think there is a sticker on the Titan battery that turns red when wet.

Good luck!
thanks and thats still white so idk...

~chevy
Old 12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok so im sitting at 20% should i still use the alcohol.

~chevy
Old 12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Storm
Carrier: T-Mobile

seraphazaziel79 is a n00b

an alcohol swab should work just as well. I dont think that the usb port is shorted out. I think that the sauce is just blocking the connection. It just has to be cleaned out. if it doesnt work after its been properly cleaned out and dried before adding battery power then my guess would be its shorted out. The whole process is 50/50.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I can't imagine the smell of rotten ranch sauce if you don't clean that out properly!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I can't imagine the smell of rotten ranch sauce if you don't clean that out properly!
ahhhhh!!!!!! thats not guna be nice! ew!!!

~chevy
Old 12-21-2008, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800

brettokok is just getting started

My Camera button stopped working and the keyboard o and p letters pretty much stopped working after i soaked my phone in gas(filling up boat, phone was on swimdeck and there was alittle overflow thing that spit gas out).. dealt with it for 2 months until it stopped smelling but then the green call button started to barely work and the little messaging/IE button on top fell out.

No insurance but phone was under 1 year manufacturer warranty so i have a warranty replacement in the mail. The gas didnt turn my sticker any color or anything but i dont know if it really got in the battery.. definately all over the keyboard and stuff and the phone was closed. haha, it sucked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan