PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint tp2
Carrier: sprint

tpizana is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyway of navigation without phone connections?

i use my sprint nav on mogul everyday for work..sometimes im in the mountains and dont get a signal..i hate that i cant use my nav without signal..is there anything i can do with this problems besides buying a seperate gps system?

thanks
Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: anyway of navigation without phone connections?

Yeah, stand alone GPS. It could take awhile but it will work...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just have Google Maps loaded with enough of the map to get you though the bad area
Old 12-20-2008, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The 6800 will do stand-alone GPS. Dont believe me, just put your device in Airplane mode and turn on GPS. Carriers cell signal and military GPS sats are two different things.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:12 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Another option is to buy a BT GPS receiver. We used to use them for 6700s.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Its not that his internal gps is not working or recieving gps signals its that he has to have an active internet connection for the sprint navigation to pull in the mapping data to show you where you are. If he goes into an area thats out of service he has no mapping data. He wants to know if there is a way to use the sprint navigation for areas he goes out of service on.

I think the way that sprint navigation works is kinda stupid it should go out and cache the mapping data for @ least the route that is planned so in case you loose service you don't end up lost without being able to even make a call. That would be a sorry situation.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

oniisan608 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to oniisan608

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
Its not that his internal gps is not working or recieving gps signals its that he has to have an active internet connection for the sprint navigation to pull in the mapping data to show you where you are.
Well, if that's the case, then he might consider buying a pre-loaded GPS program that has all the maps he would need, then he'd only have to rely on the GPS chip and not the cell tower service.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Google makes a small and fre app that will let you download parts of maps and use them offline. I cant remember that name but I had it once although I never used it. I am a software junkie.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Google makes a small and fre app that will let you download parts of maps and use them offline. I cant remember that name but I had it once although I never used it. I am a software junkie.
Will it let you download all of the Map? And you're a software priate not junkie. Lol, JK.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you get the Garmin GPS that will fix that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan