PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx, Treo 700p,HTC Mogul PPC6800, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

shelovezlaw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shelovezlaw
Question What do I about my Mogul?

Hello Guys and Gals,

I don't know what to do. My Sprint HTC Mogul scrren cracked and I have no touch screen feature. It is driving me crazy. I called Assurion to file a claim and they told me that the phone is on back order. i went ahead and paid the $50 and now I am waiting for my replacement. What can I do or say to quickly get the phone.

Please help!

Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune
Re: What do I about my Mogul?

if your screen was cracked almost to the point where you have no screen at all i would have taken it to the store. then if no replacement was available there then i would have called asurion. my friend just had hers replaced and the rep said something like a week to 2 wks. might want to consider a loaner phone from a friend GOOD LUCK
Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Well I revoke my last statement....
Old 12-19-2008, 10:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

Search craigs list for local Bricked moguls... That way you can pick it up that day, and you've got all the parts you need. I'd Never do an insurance claim... there's nothing short on motherboard issues worth trading phones for. IMO

If you have an issue with anything physical on an HTC and can't find an answer through "Search", give me a yell.

Custom painted Mogul/Titan w/ trimmed down housing, running WM 6.1, and android, standalone GPS w/ TomTom maps, and the cube.
*Still awaiting a good overclocker for the ****ed dual processor*
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Unless you get a new phone out of it (Touch Pro).
Old 12-20-2008, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Unless you get a new phone out of it (Touch Pro).
I wouldn't take a Touch Pro in an even trade. Too many downsides, few buttons, etc.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Waa. If you don't like it, don't use it.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LX400

ErinatSprint is a n00b

Hi Shelovezlaw, I'm Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep. Since you have already placed an insurance claim, as a temporary measure you could swap in a spare phone on your phone number until your insurance replacement arrives from Assurion. If you are considering buying a spare phone, obtain its serial number (ESN DEC) and give us a call at (88211-4727 so we can check it for you before you buy it to make sure it is not on the list of phones that have been reported lost or stolen. Once a serial number has been placed on the Negative File, the research to have it taken back off again can take up to 5 business days and involves furnishing proof of purchase. Swapping in a spare phone on your phone number while you wait for your insurance replacement is the fastest way to get your phone number back up and running. Customer Care can do the swap for you over the phone, or you can swap it yourself on your sprint.com account at http://www.sprint.com If you have any further questions, I would be happy to assist you. We appreciate your business!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I wouldn't take a Touch Pro in an even trade. Too many downsides, few buttons, etc.
Agreed!

I'm still waiting for the real Mogul replacement (the Mogul is a PDA Phone and the Touch Pro is a Touch phone according to HTC so they aren't from the same lineage).
Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinatSprint View Post
Hi Shelovezlaw, I'm Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep. Since you have already placed an insurance claim, as a temporary measure you could swap in a spare phone on your phone number until your insurance replacement arrives from Assurion. If you are considering buying a spare phone, obtain its serial number (ESN DEC) and give us a call at (88211-4727 so we can check it for you before you buy it to make sure it is not on the list of phones that have been reported lost or stolen. Once a serial number has been placed on the Negative File, the research to have it taken back off again can take up to 5 business days and involves furnishing proof of purchase. Swapping in a spare phone on your phone number while you wait for your insurance replacement is the fastest way to get your phone number back up and running. Customer Care can do the swap for you over the phone, or you can swap it yourself on your sprint.com account at http://www.sprint.com If you have any further questions, I would be happy to assist you. We appreciate your business!
It's good to see customer service reps on these forums! It does nothing but make a better impression of the company.

The number is 888-211-4727 since the smiley overtook it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan