PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Battery Question/Observation... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49665)

lifeuw19 12-18-2008 04:23 PM

Battery Question/Observation...

My battery on my Mogul is tripping out. Ok... let me paint the scenario.

Last night, my phone is 100% fully charged. Took it off the charger, get in my car. Have it on the car charger for a drive less than a mile away. I go into a restaurant. I get one call. I step outside and talk for 1 minute and 48 second phone call. I walk back in, I'm not sitting down for 2 minutes, and my battery says it's down to 30%! Two minutes later, it shuts itself off!

I then take out the battery, put it back in. And it shoots back up to 90%! Then... 2 minutes later... back to under 10% and shuts itself back off again!

I get in the car after dinner. Plug the phone in to the car charger, drive less than a mile home, unplug the phone from the car... and it says 90% again! I then proceed to go inside and it keeps the charge, while I search the internet.

My question... has anyone experienced anything like this? It happens ALL the time, when I go to certain locations. My question is... is my battery really dying, because I can't believe it actually charges from 10-90 in less than 2 minutes... WHAT GIVES???

bayushikitsune 12-18-2008 04:59 PM

Re: Battery Question/Observation...

This happened with my Treo and when I went to the Sprint store they told me one of the connectors was messed up so those 4 or 5 connectors were registering incorrectly causing the phone to turn itself off. Take it to the store they should be more than happy to replace your phone....if you have insurance that is.

MrObvious 12-18-2008 05:10 PM

Warranty should cover something like that. It sounds like a bad connection. It could be a bad battery too. Make sure you relock and flash a stock ROM.

str8bucs 12-18-2008 05:26 PM

I just had that problem on my touch pro but i just took the battery out and everything seems to be back to normal

gator2k83 12-18-2008 06:14 PM

try cleaning your contacts on the phone battery connection pins. Then on the battery itself take a safety pin or paper clip and scrape the connectors clean till the gold color is not dull anymore. That fixed my battery issues.

lifeuw19 12-18-2008 07:41 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Will try cleaning first. I think I remember reading once to use a pencil eraser.

I have insurance, but don't really want to hard reset, just to get a refurb. Everything else works fine on the phone... no telling what the refurb will have wrong with it.

BJatSprint 12-19-2008 12:41 PM

Hey lifeuw19, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. I am sorry to hear about your battery troubles. I agree with most people on this thread that this must be something wrong with the contacts on the phone to the battery. Someone at a Sprint store should be able to confirm and clean that up for you. Hope that fixes it!

nikkibee521 12-19-2008 10:16 PM

ive had issues with my phones doing the same thing. the car charger boosts to charge faster, just like with charging from the computer, but it may not be giving an accuate reading, and may not keep a charge as long. In essence, I was told to keep the phone on the charger for an extra twenty minutes or so to ensure that it really is fully charged. it's best to use the wall charger and not always having it plugged in.