PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon MMS without data question

I have a TouchPro & unlimited data, but I also have two spare highly tweaked Verizon XV6800's.

My son wants one of the 6800's & I am going to give him one for Christmas, but he will only have inet access through wifi. This is not a problem as he is in college & has free wifi while at school & my house has wifi when he's home.

My question is, will he be able to send MMS picture messages when he doesn't have an online connection the way he can now with his current ENV dumb phone??

I know I had MMS capability way back when I first bought my original 6800 & didn't yet have a data package at all, but I don't remember if it only worked when I had wifi working or if it worked all the time???

~John
Old 12-18-2008, 04:24 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Verizon MMS without data question

Yes, read this here on how I went about using MMS without a data plan. Use the GCVerizon MMS cab though.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Thanks man, I knew I remembered doing something like that with my first 6800 but it was so long ago I couldn't remember what it was (& I remember using the Arcsoft cab to do it).

~John
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i need to get another 6800, my alltel switched to vzw doesnt send or receive MMS for some reason.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

It can be fixed... I'm sure. What exact issues? But if you want another, see if you can get a Verizon rep to give you a replacment. It will be a Verizon version though. And DO NOT SEND your old one back, they probably won't bill you for not returning it but they will bill you if they get an Alltel phone back. They'll keep your Alltel phone too. At least if you keep it and they charge you still have your old phone which you could probably trade or sell...

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 12-18-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
i need to get another 6800, my alltel switched to vzw doesnt send or receive MMS for some reason.
Do you have the Arcsoft cab installed??

~John
Old 12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yep, have tried several different verisions of arcsoft. my phone keeps forgetting the password for vzn. its a PITA. think im just gonna wait till after xmas and upgrade to the TP. i know its crippled from vzn but i should be able to make the post of it with the kitchen. and yes vzn would charge me if i didnt send a phone back in. but if i do it through asurion if doesnt have to be the 6800 i send back. i may do that but not sure yet.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:35 PM
My ROMS On My Site

No, you will never get what the Sprint version has... Not to mention it's an ugly phone.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
No, you will never get what the Sprint version has... Not to mention it's an ugly phone.
Was there a point to posting this??

~John
Old 12-22-2008, 06:08 PM
My ROMS On My Site

The poster above me said he was going to get the Verizon Pro and he thinks he can make it what is should be worth with the kithchen. You can't, Verizon messed that phone up for good, and priced it at 50 bucks more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan