PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Talking Titan picked as phone of the year... For 2008!

This is an amazing piece of news.. The HTC Titan has been picked as phone of the year.. Even though it's over a year old...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Titan picked as phone of the year... For 2008!

somebody aught to lose their job over this.... smh

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I think they made the right choice but I still prefer the Vogue. I hate hardware keyboards. And the moguls lack of internal memory.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It only took a year to figure out that the Titan is better than an I-Phone? I knew this December 2007 when I bought my Titan used. The I-Phone is a cool device, but cool wears off fast and the flexibility of the Titan has made it last so long in this market.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

LOL. That is crazy

Old 12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, in the future remind me not to ever use Phonenews as a source of relevant and reliable information
Old 12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

they did this to make waves in the press... they have a strong argument but again they dont present the full situation well... the mogul had all those updated because it was a buggy peice of dead weight that the geek community made sufferable. a phone with that many issues cant even sniff at a phone of the year award... plus the diamond and TP do a much better job of getting everything right not just one or two things.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Maybe so but isn't modding and tweaking what this forum is all about? Plus all things considered this is a great place to hang out because of it! And the Iphone has had its bugs too (namely Steve Jobs hehe) so I am sure their forums are none too happy about being shown the limitations of the Iphone. My main confusion about the Iphone is how in the heck do you take a media playing phone and not give it stereo bluetooth ability???
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 12-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
they did this to make waves in the press... they have a strong argument but again they dont present the full situation well... the mogul had all those updated because it was a buggy peice of dead weight that the geek community made sufferable. a phone with that many issues cant even sniff at a phone of the year award... plus the diamond and TP do a much better job of getting everything right not just one or two things.
Maybe you should go back and read the article for their reasoning:

"So why does all of this add up to making the HTC Titan the phone of the year? Unlike iPhone, the industry did actually change because of the HTC Titan. Customers have shown that they want to keep a high-end device which has all of today’s network technology. I see no reason to pay full price, or sign a new contract, to upgrade… did I mention the phone is over a year old?"

True, updates did fix some bugs, but they also added more features, making the Titan that much better. As far as the Diamond and TP getting everything right, well the Diamond has no keyboard or external memory card. I might be able to live without a keyboard, but never with only 4gb of internal memory. The TP has no IR which I use at least a few times a week. Are they better phones that the Titan? Sure. But with the exception of tv out on the TP my Mogul can do everything they can. That's why I haven't upgraded.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Maybe so but isn't modding and tweaking what this forum is all about? Plus all things considered this is a great place to hang out because of it! And the Iphone has had its bugs too (namely Steve Jobs hehe) so I am sure their forums are none too happy about being shown the limitations of the Iphone. My main confusion about the Iphone is how in the heck do you take a media playing phone and not give it stereo bluetooth ability???
we agree about the modding and tweaking part... it's what we do best... but that still doesnt make a device WE made better phone of the year by any stretch.

Dont get me wrong, i loved my mogul when i had it because it was the latest and greatest but also because of what WE turned it into... but truth be told that device was horendous out of the box.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan