PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

dutty.persian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
turns on BAF GPS toggle but no lock

Hi, I turned on the BAF Gps toggle over night (over 9 hours) and there still isn't a lock.

However, there used to be locks the the rom I used right before it. I was cooking roms over and over so get a good setup, and in the middle I tested GPS and got up to 4-5 satellites.

But now... nothing... I wanted to used the Alltell A-GPS to see if it would work, but apparently that just makes it connect faster?

WHat should I do?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: turns on BAF GPS toggle but no lock

Did you make sure you turned you location on? What version number is your ROM and Radio?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:24 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Upgrading to Radio 3.42.50 might be a solution. I did yesterday and my GPS locks are fast and I can see more sats. A few other people said it worked for them too...

I don't have a 2gb SD card so I had to downgrade bootloader and use an RUU, then, try to connect the phone to USB and update bootloader before the phone would restart.

Just buy a 2gb SD for cheap, save hastle...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

3.42.50 is a great radio for starters. No matter what carrier you have I highly recommend the Alltel AGPS trick that Shadow adapted from XDA.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dutty.persian is a n00b

hello again:

the first thing I had to do when I received my htc 6800 was upgrade my radio to 3.42.50 and I also unlocked the phone's bootloader. Then I started to cook roms. I cooked like 10 of them to get my ideal rom.

Around the 7th or 8th rom cook I was curious to see if the GPS worked... and it did!

but now either at my own house or my girlfriend's house, absolutely no lock!?!?

and yes, I did make sure that the basic GPS setting were right, baud rate, location turned on, comm 4. As I said... it worked a few rom's ago.

using a HTC 6800
rom 20931
radio 3.42.50
spl2.47 from nue

I'm guessing maybe I just have to try again.. but seriously.... 9 hours and no locks? Mind you I'm not awake the whole time to prove that I did not a one single lock during the whole time.

Last edited by dutty.persian; 12-19-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I know most of the time I would get a lock but there were times I wouldnt and I dont know why. I would reboot the device and still nothing. Then later in the day or whenever I would try again and it would do it within a reasonable time. Eventually I went to the aGPS prime and have never had an issue since.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dutty.persian is a n00b

aGPS prime? is that a complement to BAFtoggle or a substitute?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

aGPS requires a bit of a data connection to obtain faster GPS. If you have a data conenction then youre ok. If you do pay-as-you-go then you will be billed and if you have it blocked then it will do you no good at all.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...me=TitanGpsFix
Old 12-19-2008, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dutty.persian is a n00b

oh.. no i don't use data, so it's so no good for me.

it still doesn't explain why it wont lock in a satellite...
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You are indoors. Try taking a drive in the car where there aren't many obstructions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan