PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill

Does your source have some kind of confirmation that UTStarcom is no longer involved here? I mean call me crazy but isn't it possible that as part of HTC's efforts to publicize their brand name that they negotiated with UTStarcom to take over all branding of the device?
luv2chill, I'm not really in a position or have the kind of relationship where I would or could call and ask this question. IF true it would be very embarrassing for them to have someone come right out and ask that.

As for them branding but not branding the device, I just can't see that. To me it makes no sense.

I think bootheresa's observation that the UT branding was gone back in April goes a long way towards this not being as sudden as I first thought, but UT still being involved and not branding the device or having any public credit for it seems too far out to me.

Dave
Old 06-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
UT still being involved and not branding the device or having any public credit for it seems too far out to me.
It happens all the time in many different industries.

And I guess I fail to see what is embarassing and to whom. We're talking about mega corporations making business decisions, not Sally and Jane down the street comparing prom dates.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Quote:
UT still being involved and not branding the device or having any public credit for it seems too far out to me.
It happens all the time in many different industries.

And I guess I fail to see what is embarassing and to whom. We're talking about mega corporations making business decisions, not Sally and Jane down the street comparing prom dates.
Well, like I said I don't have that type or close of a relationship where I could or would call this person and say something, regardless of how it is said is going to translate out to mean, "Is it true you lost the 6800 deal?....ain't going to happen, my friend.

As life goes to us here this is no big deal in life, add to that, the fact that most of this thread is speculation, it just isn't worthy. We'll all know soon enough once it's out as shivers mentioned earlier.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

starfury1 is a n00b
If you go to the utstarcom page they have a link to the 6800, both sprint and verizon, it says no image availiable, and doesnt show the phone as of yet, but they have space for it on the site, in this case the accessories section. i find it odd that they would include it now if they were somehow removed from the whole engagement... so to speak

http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstar...brary/cat/1035

while i was also there i noticed something else interesting...

UTSTARCOM is debuting Video MAil,(their headline not mine) and other things at NXTCOMM 2007 Which begins, yep you guessed it, June 18th...

http://investorrelations.utstar.com/...leaseID=248784

Interesting coincidence? That is if you believe in Coincidences lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan