PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Power button on Mogul broke, what replacement phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49387)

thebeerbandit 12-16-2008 08:14 PM

Power button on Mogul broke, what replacement phone?

The power button on my Mogul broke. I have full insurance but have heard the Mogul is discontinued. What replacement phone will the sprint store give me?

thanks

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-16-2008 08:15 PM

Re: Power button on Mogul broke, what replacement phone?

Probably a Touch Pro as it is the closest to a Mogul... and btw, it is not discontinued. It still is for sale on the Sprint website.

thebeerbandit 12-16-2008 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info but the mogul is discontinued. I just checked the site and chatted with the customer service and they said it was. Anybody sure they will give me the touch pro? If they are just gonna give me something crappy, then I will just try to fix it myself.

Thanks again.

nelly04 12-16-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeerbandit (Post 582528)
Thanks for the info but the mogul is discontinued. I just checked the site and chatted with the customer service and they said it was. Anybody sure they will give me the touch pro? If they are just gonna give me something crappy, then I will just try to fix it myself.

Thanks again.

WOW!!!!!!!!! They really discontinued it. I checked it on the site too but not to bug you down or anything but Im pretty sure they still have refurbs that they gotta get rid of.

myhollowworld2 12-16-2008 09:18 PM

Sorry to tell you, but you're more than likely going to get a mogul. And a refurb at that, since they've "officially" discontinued the Mogul.

abrigham 12-16-2008 10:06 PM

I might be able to shed a bit more light on this - as myhollowworld2 said, you will most likely get another Mogul.

I say this because I just had mine replaced under TEP (the warranty side not the insurance side) and they sent me another Mogul. I was expecting just a refurb Mogul, but when I opened the box this afternoon, I found a brand new, still in retail box w/ all new accessories, Mogul. Also, I've noticed a few differences with this one compared to my original. First off, the slide mechanism seems firmer (tho it may just be that my prev phone had loosened up w/ wear). Also, the vibration seems more subtle - its no longer the harsh BZZZZ, its more of a muted buzz. I'm wondering if this is a slightly newer hardware revision since it was speculated for a while that the white/bright spots on the LCD were caused by the location/intensity of the vibration motor.

So, anyway, the point of all my rambling is that getting another Mogul may not be all that bad if they give you a NIB like they did for me.

As a side note, can anyone tell me how to verify for sure if this is a new or refurb? (i know somewhere on the phone in one of the hidden menus you can find hours of use and refurb date or something) I'll search the forum and see if i can find it, too.

BigDiesel07 12-16-2008 10:34 PM

It would be nice if you got a Touch Pro, but a refurbed Mogul is the likely route they will go...

chaser74 12-17-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrigham (Post 582752)
I might be able to shed a bit more light on this - as myhollowworld2 said, you will most likely get another Mogul.

I say this because I just had mine replaced under TEP (the warranty side not the insurance side) and they sent me another Mogul. I was expecting just a refurb Mogul, but when I opened the box this afternoon, I found a brand new, still in retail box w/ all new accessories, Mogul. Also, I've noticed a few differences with this one compared to my original. First off, the slide mechanism seems firmer (tho it may just be that my prev phone had loosened up w/ wear). Also, the vibration seems more subtle - its no longer the harsh BZZZZ, its more of a muted buzz. I'm wondering if this is a slightly newer hardware revision since it was speculated for a while that the white/bright spots on the LCD were caused by the location/intensity of the vibration motor.

So, anyway, the point of all my rambling is that getting another Mogul may not be all that bad if they give you a NIB like they did for me.

As a side note, can anyone tell me how to verify for sure if this is a new or refurb? (i know somewhere on the phone in one of the hidden menus you can find hours of use and refurb date or something) I'll search the forum and see if i can find it, too.

i belive in one of the EPST settings it will tell you all that information. the first page when you open up EPST it shows a refurb date as well as a life timer

Hafrust 12-17-2008 11:04 AM

Just because a device has been deemed "End of Life" does not mean that Sprint or Assurion does not have any. Ask the many former (or current) Apache users who have received replacement Apaches well after they were EOL'd.

brettokok 12-17-2008 12:39 PM

I just did a warranty claim at alltel for a mogul. Said id have one "with less than 15 days use" within 2 days. Obviously was hoping some how they wouldnt have anymore and could get a TP but i knew it wasnt going to happen. ha