PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi, new here, and really need some help.

I just bought a XV6800, and I would like to know somethings that are definites that I must do to it. I would also like to make the GPS work. And some information about Pandora, if there is a way to use it on this phone and what to down load.

Thanks a million for any help given.

P.S. I'm a real idiot when it comes to these things, so if you do reply back please put it in the dumbed down version if possible.

Last edited by 1454; 12-16-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Hi, new here, and really need some help.

Moved to the Titan Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Greetings. Welcome to ppcgeeks. You'll really learn alot around here. My own personal advice would be to use the search button, and read, read, and read some more. There are so many great things you're gonna be able to do with your phone, just gotta take it one step at a time. Reading the stickys here and in the software forums would be a good start. Lots of smart and helpful people here, you'll be all set in no time.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Pandora has not yet been released for the 6800... Check this out regularly until the 6800 shows up... Oh.. Welcome to PPC Geeks... A wealth of knowledge is at your fingertips.. I recommend you join the Coz Boogie Militia.. Go here for more info on it.. Don't worry about being un-knowledgeable about these devices... You will learn.. Trust me.. I have learned so much since I joined this site..
Old 12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey, I've been reading some of this stuff about cooked roms, and the GPS stuff, is this something I sould try? I mean I am very dumb when it comes to understanding the difference in running certian programs. I have downloaded Build OS on my Vista PC but kind of afaid to try anything.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

although it might not help you 100% step by step (for verizon) you can still check out my thread in my signature. it'll explain a few things for ya!

good luck and have fun!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

If I cook my rom what are the chances I kill the phone all together?
Kind of afraid to do it.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

When you're playing with the ROM, you're playing with the brain of your device. Don't be in any hurry to start cooking a custom ROM. You may want to try flashing one of the may custom ROMs that are already out there for the 6800/Mogul. Really the best thing you can do right now would be to take dschoenike's advice and read as much as possible about your device. Being that the 6800/Mogul has been around a while, there's lots of material to absorb. Welcome to Geekdom!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yes Yes Yes. Welcome and enjoy the site. As other have said, there is a lot of knowledge here and ppl to help. I see everything was addressed except your GPS questions. If you check out the link below it will give you absolutely everything there is you need to know about the radios, flashing ROMs, enabling GPS and more.

Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857
Old 12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've got a Pandora cab sitting on my SD card. It works for me. Attached it is.
Attached Files
File Type: cab pandora.cab (776.1 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by MrObvious; 12-18-2008 at 03:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan