PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tdubbs27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power button on Mogul broke, what replacement phone?

The mogul is gone from the website. Anyone see it?
Anybody traded in for a Blackberry Curve? I am thinking about making the jump. All the bugs in the ROM's kill me. I have to soft reset 3-4 times a day. I know i can ditch my programs and get it running smoother or get a tested OS that works smooth.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
I might be able to shed a bit more light on this - as myhollowworld2 said, you will most likely get another Mogul.

I say this because I just had mine replaced under TEP (the warranty side not the insurance side) and they sent me another Mogul. I was expecting just a refurb Mogul, but when I opened the box this afternoon, I found a brand new, still in retail box w/ all new accessories, Mogul. Also, I've noticed a few differences with this one compared to my original. First off, the slide mechanism seems firmer (tho it may just be that my prev phone had loosened up w/ wear). Also, the vibration seems more subtle - its no longer the harsh BZZZZ, its more of a muted buzz. I'm wondering if this is a slightly newer hardware revision since it was speculated for a while that the white/bright spots on the LCD were caused by the location/intensity of the vibration motor.

So, anyway, the point of all my rambling is that getting another Mogul may not be all that bad if they give you a NIB like they did for me.

As a side note, can anyone tell me how to verify for sure if this is a new or refurb? (i know somewhere on the phone in one of the hidden menus you can find hours of use and refurb date or something) I'll search the forum and see if i can find it, too.
If you hadn't found it already, the way to get the "Hours of use" on a Mogul is File explorer/My Device/Windows/EPST the click "View". Though I'm not sure if they reset these when they do a refurb.

If you have an issue with anything physical on an HTC and can't find an answer through "Search", give me a yell.

Custom painted Mogul/Titan w/ trimmed down housing, running WM 6.1, and android, standalone GPS w/ TomTom maps, and the cube.
*Still awaiting a good overclocker for the ****ed dual processor*
Old 12-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Asurion insurance man, Asurion! That's the way to do a cheap upgrade.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul

Logs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran iji View Post
The only thing on the exchange list for a Mogul, is a Mogul and thus that is all you're going to get. When you go to the store, if they don't have one there, and cannot get one from the warehouse, ask them to check the inventory of stores elsewhere in the nation to get one shipped to them. If not, you'll be without a phone until the back order is resolved.
What if you can't wait? I cannot afford to miss any more calls due to my phone sleeping and not waking up. Has anyone been in this situation and gotten them to replace the Mogul with a different phone? I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran iji View Post
At the moment, Sprint as a company has no Moguls new, or recon in their warehouses. Everything is on back order. The only thing on the exchange list for a Mogul, is a Mogul and thus that is all you're going to get. When you go to the store, if they don't have one there, and cannot get one from the warehouse, ask them to check the inventory of stores elsewhere in the nation to get one shipped to them. If not, you'll be without a phone until the back order is resolved.
There have been many people here, myself included, that have received a different model phone as a replacement. Yes, on paper, Sprint says you will get another 6800 as a replacement, but that is not always the case.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Touch Pro is what you should be getting n ow.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeerbandit View Post
Thanks for the info but the mogul is discontinued. I just checked the site and chatted with the customer service and they said it was. Anybody sure they will give me the touch pro? If they are just gonna give me something crappy, then I will just try to fix it myself.

Thanks again.
Touch Pro=Crappy
Old 12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

edubb521 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to edubb521

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Probably a Touch Pro as it is the closest to a Mogul... and btw, it is not discontinued. It still is for sale on the Sprint website.

Not as of this morning! no longer available on the website!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

you'll most likely get a refurb mogul, especially if this will be your first replacement.

it took me 3 replacements for my apache to get upgraded to a mogul and this was less than 2 months ago

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan