PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   WHere's the Registry entry for "default contacts"?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49161)

jazaddict 12-15-2008 12:44 PM

WHere's the Registry entry for "default contacts"??

I flashed my phone w/ Icontact, loaded agenda 1, accidentally said "YES Please be my Default Contacts app". After disabling that mistake the contacts app that comes up from the phone-dialer is the W6.1 POS. I can't seem to get IContacts to "be" the contact app now....no settings in IContacts, no settings in phones, SO.....

....I figure I need to tweak the Registry but need a shove in the right direction...anyone?

jazaddict 12-16-2008 02:33 PM

Re: WHere's the Registry entry for "default contacts"??

No registry guru love??????

weedahoe 12-16-2008 03:52 PM

Try an app called Advanced Configuration Tool and in it there are settings for what apps use what programs. IDK about reg edits but that app should help. By chance, can you uninstall the contact app you have or is it cooked in the ROM?

jazaddict 12-16-2008 11:51 PM

THx. I'll find that app & try it. I cooked it in...love it, intended to only use "it" but had a brain-fart whilst installing Agenda one (which otherwise rox btw).

jazaddict 12-17-2008 12:14 PM

Cool app, but it doesn't lemme tell it which contacts app to use.....at least I can't find it...not in the main, not in the menu's "more".

I revisited the iContacts "settings" app & it lets me do everything EXCEPT set it as the default. <yaawwwnnnnn> Guess I'll have to re cook :(

weedahoe 12-17-2008 12:25 PM

Try installing PcoketCM from here and see if it will over-take iContacts

jazaddict 12-17-2008 05:28 PM

What I'm tryin to do is RE-INSTATE iContacts. It WAS my default by design...then a foollish moment "erased" it from the default position leaving the WM contact.

It just occurred to me that somebody around here mentioned a "registry difference" logging prog.....so if I find THAT I can tell the Agenda to be the Contacts default & observe the registry change.....then manually adjust to iContacts.

....Or I could just re-cook.....cuz I want NueRom's ExtRom loaded anyway.....<yaawwwwnnnn>....makin me tired just thinkin about gettin the phone setup right after another flash :rolleyes:

weedahoe 12-18-2008 08:02 AM

Ah I got you. Sry. Then I would try to go and download iContacts from their site (or mirror) and install it on the device. That would rewrite everything in the device. Then if that works either leave well enough alone or try to uninstall it. I assume writing of the app would make it default again and because you have it in the ROM means you could uninstall it and not lose that 'programming' of which is default for the contacts. Tyr it and lemme know.

jazaddict 12-18-2008 02:40 PM

BWAA HAA HAAA haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success!!!
I used WeedaHoe's installation concept to map me thru the registry and discovered that:
-HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Shell\RAI\MS ontacts\ab1 is where the contacts app is set.
-iContact thats cooked in resides in the \Windows dir (along w/ the icon :D )

So I installed iContact, observed the registry notation, uninstalled it, and typed in the Windows "cook" location into the aforementioned registry location (then called dial-a-prayer cuz that was virgin experience). I also put the icon in the Start Menu/Programs dir (so I could start it if necessary in the Programs window)

Voila!!!! its back to bein the default Contacts app. YAY!!!!!

Now if I could JUST get NueRom's ExtRom to work..... :D

MrObvious 12-18-2008 02:59 PM

Try disabling and reenabling the EXT ROM.