PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Thumbs up Solved HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors! New pics and a video

I searched this site and PPC geeks for the answer and i was wondering if anyone knew what the wiring colors were. My other car adapter that i use broke so i am going to make another with this adapter instead of the multi adapter that has usb and the headset jack. However i want to be able to still add the mic in myself this will be wired directly into an aux in on my pioneer headunit. The other adapter has a loose jack and will only charge and won't put out audio with the multi adapter pluged in. It does play audio fine if the headset is plugged into the phone directly.

Here is my goal. wire it up to this adapter splitting the audio cables and running them into the aux in. Dismantle the stock headset wire only the mic portion up extend the wires and run it up by my drivers side visor. only problem is i don't have a way of testing what the speakers are vs the mic wires and or whats needed to be crossed for it to be detected as a headset. With just the adapter in the phone no headset hooked to the 2.5mm side audio and mic functions still come out of the internal speaker or speaker phone for music.

If i find a solution i think it could be made into a diy sticky for those who want custom hands free without all the fuss of expensive adapters as all thats required is some wire and minor tools minimal soldering and some heat shrink.

Device model is a Mogul from Sprint that i want to mod this adapter that came with the phone.

Last edited by gator2k83; 12-28-2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Moved Pics 2 diff album now located in newer post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors?

You know, ebay sells those things really cheap although as a man I can understand why you either wanne create or fix something. I do it too a lot.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

its also outa needing it now rather then waiting as i will be needing this in car for gps as i am making a trip to dc tonight and i have never driven there its 2hrs from here and back home. Its a hassle in car listinging to streaming music and a call comes in having to uncradle the cellphone to answer the call while driving (5sp 1994 mazda mx-6ls) then when the call is over to have to re cradle it and hook up the jack to the bottom of the cell.

I know i could spend money and get something but it would not work as well as what I want minimal wires and being able to just tap the mic button to answer the call no need to fumble with the phone, call comes in loud and clear over car's speakers and sense the mic will not have to be held in hand like my current broken setup easier.

The ones they sell on ebay don't have enough cable to route the mic where i want and be able to route the charging cable.. the best one would have the carge cable hooked up to the mic.

http://www.etech-city.com/product_in...oducts_id=1052

Pic moved 2 newer post

Last edited by gator2k83; 12-28-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jhw549 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors?

I think this should help you out, happened to find it while surfing around after seeing your post, so I came back, figure it should help you out a bit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1164664052
Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I got it all wired up and installed in my car the way I wanted to. It took some trial and error but the wire diagram from the previous post is correct, however on the mogul's adapter that comes with the phone the yellow wire is not hooked to anything on ether end its just in there it was not attached to the mini 2.5mm jack and it pulled straight out of the phone 11 pin end no loose wires or solder on ether end of the yellow wire just a clean cut.

Here is what i used to make it work.

White - Mic +
Yellow - was not hooked up to anything
Red - Ground L/R
Blue - Headset sense hooks into the red to turn headset mode on.
Green - Speaker +
Black - Speaker +
Ground/Shielding silver loose no coating - I hooked to the signal wire from the mic.
Mic Ground - red and blue wires.

As the stock headset has 3 wires for the mic. +,-,and S their colors are White - mic +
Copper - mic -
Blue - S

The push to answer button does not work on the headset mic but the mic does work. I think it has to so with the fact that i didn't hook up the other wires to the board going to the adapter. I ran out of wires and didn't have a long enough cable that had all the needed wires so i clipped all but the 3 i needed off the circut board for the mic and ran a new longer 3 wire cable from the board to the adapter.

I have to get ready for a christmas party in dc thats 2 hours away. I will post finished pictures and maybe a youtube video if the finished install once I get back to town.

Sound comes out clear thru my speakers and I was able to hold a conversation with the mic as a hands free in the car. The mic is mouned at the top of the drivers side a pillar and the wire runs down in behind that into the dash and comes out right by the phone mount.

Now I can leave my car charger hooked to the adapter and the headphone output is wired into the car stero so one connection to the phone and i have mic + audio out. Cost was just some of my free time and parts/wires i already had laying around. I did take extra time to be neat and soldered all the connections properly. This is as close to an aftermarket oem integrated system that i wanted.

Thanks to all that helped I will post the results later, for those interested.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jhw549 is just getting started

if you can post pictures and such that would be great, having seen this I'm starting to formulate my own ideas on creating an in car hands-free system...
Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

no problem i'm off to give it the real world test in D.C. Wish me luck. Big party tonight for my Fiance' s work @ the new Gaylord National Resort in the New Harbor area.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Many days later and I finally had some time to snap a pic and shoot a small video.

I moved the images that i had posted earlier into an album with the ones i took tonight. For some unknown reason it will not let me edit the post it just sits there with the circle moving around and never saves the edit. So let me show those again for newcomers to the thread first.

adapter that I used to make my carkit

Different angle on the adapter.

The look I was going for not a pic of my car but an example with the same make and model as mine as I didn't have time to shoot a pic.

Now for some finished product pics please don't judge the shape my car is in as it is a work in progress and needs some parts and some tlc.

This is the stock mic off the headset that came with the phone only rewired as just a mic no earbuds.

and yes if you are wondering i home made the car mount myself out of some black house wire 12guage solid copper that i just bent into the shape that i wanted to hold the cell and i think it looks decent/ For free it aint bad =D>.

I am uploading a short video of it working in the car with some demo functions that i use it for. I will have to post that in a seperate post as i can't edit and add to the end of this post.

Logged in under IE7 and went to advanced so now i can edit.. must be a bug with firefox 3

Last edited by gator2k83; 12-28-2008 at 02:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

And finally a video of it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfepHUE1EYY

stupid youtube video and audio go out of sync.

so I deleted the first upload and re-uploaded. This time using the raw file from my camera.

P.S. sorry it took so long for the update working 12hr days straight thru the holidays sucks.

Last edited by gator2k83; 12-28-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Solved HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors! New pics and a video

seems like i am talking to myself in this thread but the link posted earlier did not work so i had 2 edit it and remove it completely the text was right in the link but it took you to the deleted video posting again here in case it still does it in the above supposedly fixed link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfepHUE1EYY

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan