PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Surreal57 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC-6700 Ringer on Mogul?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I have spent hours and hours looking and searching for this and haven't been able to find it. Maybe I'm just too thick to figure it out ...

There was a ringer on my 6700 that sounded like the old analog phones with the dual bell ringers. I loved it and it annoys the hell out of my girlfriend.

My 6700 had a problem and I was given a free upgrade to a Mogul. I love it except for one thing - that ringer is no longer there.

Can someone tell me how to get that ringer out of the 6700 upgrade files or maybe another place I can find it?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: PPC-6700 Ringer on Mogul?

You will normally find them in //Windows/Ringers and can freely copy them from the 6700 to the desktop and from the desktop to the 6800.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Surreal57 is a n00b

Thanks for the reply but I guess I should have mentioned that I had to trade in the 6700 to get the Mogul.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If you exchanged it in a store go back there and see if they still have it. If they do and they will let you, you should be able to beam the file to your mogul.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Surreal57 is a n00b

No, this happened months ago. I've been looking on here for help without asking for a few months. It's not a huge priority so I just kept coming back and looking for it. I was hoping that there was a way to extract it from one of the ROM files but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

you could try to download an mp3 of it or you can record one and set it as your ringtone
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

I've got a few old apaches laying around... PM me, and I'll dig through the directory an upload the ringer pack or you

If you have an issue with anything physical on an HTC and can't find an answer through "Search", give me a yell.

Custom painted Mogul/Titan w/ trimmed down housing, running WM 6.1, and android, standalone GPS w/ TomTom maps, and the cube.
*Still awaiting a good overclocker for the ****ed dual processor*
Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I understand what you are trying to do and if MrYesterday doesnt get it done then you may have better luck getting someone to copy those files and send them to you over in the 6700 (Apache).

I also took the time to get the Rings and UL for you. Here is a link.

Last edited by weedahoe; 12-18-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

If there is a specific ringer you need, I can check if I have it.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

I've got the ringer for you, or anyone else who needs it (I extracted the 3, don't know which one in particular you want), just message me for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan