PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
I have a question about wmwifirouter? the quicker the more appreciated :)

so after reading alot about it and the aquisition of a laptop, im up and running right now..

cellular to wifi-ready

cellular
phone as modem connected

wifi
network WMWifirouter

no phone as modem plan here just the unlimited data...... Am i gonna end up paying for this??
Old 12-14-2008, 03:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: I have a question about wmwifirouter? the quicker the more appreciated :)

also i guess 1 more quick thing...am i blocking text, email, and voice while im using this?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:48 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
so after reading alot about it and the aquisition of a laptop, im up and running right now..

cellular to wifi-ready

cellular
phone as modem connected

wifi
network WMWifirouter

no phone as modem plan here just the unlimited data...... Am i gonna end up paying for this??
im 90% sure your not. you can always use it for a little then check your account on sprint.com or dial *4
Old 12-14-2008, 03:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, if you're using a PAM NAI, then good chance, if you're using your regular NAI, probably not. Go to start/settings/connections/connections/advanced/select networks/under My ISP, hit edit/if Phone As Modem is selected, find a different work around.....if Power vision is selected, then you shold be good to go...BUT...Sprint has now put a cap on "unlimited data"(5GB limit)..i also know they'll charge overage for going over that limit....hope you got what you needed in a timely fashion...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:51 AM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
also i guess 1 more quick thing...am i blocking text, email, and voice while im using this?
don't think so..after you sync with your PC...when you tether, does it say you're disconnected from activesync/wmdc???....but can still browse??? regardless though, you should still be able to send/receive messaging
Old 12-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i didnt sync anything..i sync with a pc..im on a laptop, my phones never even been hooked upto this..

i dont know ill find out soon enough... and somehow i doubt if im not getting charge, i would still need to worry about a 5gb cap..
Old 12-14-2008, 05:44 AM
VIP Member

you do have an unlimited data plan, right? since you do, dont worry about it
Old 12-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Sprints 5gb cap is only for their data cards it does not apply to a smart phone or pocket pc.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
Sprints 5gb cap is only for their data cards it does not apply to a smart phone or pocket pc.
yea, but i dont trust them...like they've mentioned on here, Sprint mind be in a bind right now...you never know
Speaking of that have you ever, gone over that mark with your Sprint PDA or smartphone???
Old 12-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Yes I have gone over 5gb without tethering my phone at all.. its really easy with streaming music for 12hrs while @ work and I only work 15 days a month. u can hit 5gb really quick if you stream videos or music. I use shoutcast and listen to several stations thru Mort Player. Then I browse the net occasionally and watch some sprint tv or hulu.com on my phone quite regularly. I dare them to tell me I tether bc my laptop is not working right now and all my usage is over the pda.

Lets say you only dl or use 40mb an hour x 12hrs is 480mb a day times that by 15 is 7gb easily without even browsing or video added. Thats why I think they overlook high data usage on a pda. It is possible with moderate usage to use up 5gb if that was their soft cap on their unlimited web usage plan. I am on the 450 everything plan mostly bc i work at night 6pm-6am and most my family is sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan