PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I have a question about wmwifirouter? the quicker the more appreciated :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49013)

crazychef 12-14-2008 03:44 AM

I have a question about wmwifirouter? the quicker the more appreciated :)

so after reading alot about it and the aquisition of a laptop, im up and running right now..

cellular to wifi-ready

cellular
phone as modem connected

wifi
network WMWifirouter

no phone as modem plan here just the unlimited data...... Am i gonna end up paying for this??

crazychef 12-14-2008 03:46 AM

Re: I have a question about wmwifirouter? the quicker the more appreciated :)

also i guess 1 more quick thing...am i blocking text, email, and voice while im using this?

darren.wlsn1 12-14-2008 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychef (Post 577446)
so after reading alot about it and the aquisition of a laptop, im up and running right now..

cellular to wifi-ready

cellular
phone as modem connected

wifi
network WMWifirouter

no phone as modem plan here just the unlimited data...... Am i gonna end up paying for this??

im 90% sure your not. you can always use it for a little then check your account on sprint.com or dial *4

skeegcpp 12-14-2008 03:49 AM

well, if you're using a PAM NAI, then good chance, if you're using your regular NAI, probably not. Go to start/settings/connections/connections/advanced/select networks/under My ISP, hit edit/if Phone As Modem is selected, find a different work around.....if Power vision is selected, then you shold be good to go...BUT...Sprint has now put a cap on "unlimited data"(5GB limit)..i also know they'll charge overage for going over that limit....hope you got what you needed in a timely fashion...:mrgreen:

skeegcpp 12-14-2008 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychef (Post 577449)
also i guess 1 more quick thing...am i blocking text, email, and voice while im using this?

don't think so..after you sync with your PC...when you tether, does it say you're disconnected from activesync/wmdc???....but can still browse??? regardless though, you should still be able to send/receive messaging

crazychef 12-14-2008 04:03 AM

i didnt sync anything..i sync with a pc..im on a laptop, my phones never even been hooked upto this..

i dont know ill find out soon enough... and somehow i doubt if im not getting charge, i would still need to worry about a 5gb cap..

skeegcpp 12-14-2008 05:44 AM

you do have an unlimited data plan, right? since you do, dont worry about it

gator2k83 12-14-2008 06:14 AM

Sprints 5gb cap is only for their data cards it does not apply to a smart phone or pocket pc.

skeegcpp 12-14-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator2k83 (Post 577542)
Sprints 5gb cap is only for their data cards it does not apply to a smart phone or pocket pc.

yea, but i dont trust them...like they've mentioned on here, Sprint mind be in a bind right now...you never know
Speaking of that have you ever, gone over that mark with your Sprint PDA or smartphone???

gator2k83 12-14-2008 11:13 AM

Yes I have gone over 5gb without tethering my phone at all.. its really easy with streaming music for 12hrs while @ work and I only work 15 days a month. u can hit 5gb really quick if you stream videos or music. I use shoutcast and listen to several stations thru Mort Player. Then I browse the net occasionally and watch some sprint tv or hulu.com on my phone quite regularly. I dare them to tell me I tether bc my laptop is not working right now and all my usage is over the pda.

Lets say you only dl or use 40mb an hour x 12hrs is 480mb a day times that by 15 is 7gb easily without even browsing or video added. Thats why I think they overlook high data usage on a pda. It is possible with moderate usage to use up 5gb if that was their soft cap on their unlimited web usage plan. I am on the 450 everything plan mostly bc i work at night 6pm-6am and most my family is sprint.