PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: cricket

nonzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEED help, think I bricked phone trying to update ROM

So in this thread which I started earlier today, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51416 , I acted without enough research, with my friend assuring me it would be fine. I attempted to update the rom on my Alltel 6800, which is/was flashed over to cricket, with the blackpill rom. It went through the whole update completely fine, and the phone reset, but it wouldn't go past the Alltel splash screen.

Then, trying to fix this, my friend said it was likely the rom, so we tried 2 or 3 other roms, wouldn't work. They would go through the update to 100 percent, but it would lock at the Alltel screen. Then we attempted to install a WM6 rom that we found for the alltel phone, and now I can't do anything on my phone.

My phone is now stuck on the boot loader.

EDIT: I got out of bootloader screen after attemting the titan bootloader exit tool on my computer, rather than my friends. I don't think I bricked my phone after all, but I don't have high hopes at this point either.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by nonzero; 01-02-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:27 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: NEED help, think I bricked phone trying to update ROM

What SPL did you use? What Radio do you have?

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

I don't know. When I boot up now, It only says at the bottom, "No Radio." I assume SPL is the bootloader, which is 1.2.

Last edited by nonzero; 01-02-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Im not sure what to do at this point. Do I need to reinstall the original rom, or can i somehow update the spl to olipro 2.4 without getting through the boot sequence (it says no radio) and install the alltel RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.52.671.9_RS_TITAN_Alltel3.4 2.50_NV2.02_PPST_Ship
rom. I am really screwed without this phone!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah try a 2.40 bootloader.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yeah try a 2.40 bootloader.
Can't. Need to use activesync to update the boot loader, nevermind the fact that the 3 download links I found for Hard-SPL-MFG.exe are dead. Can't even find the damn file to download. wtf?!
I don't think my phone is bricked, but i don't want to pay to get it flashed again. I've already spent 90$ trying to get it working right and it never has.
And now HTC no longer lists any roms for the 6800, and I can't find the stock rom on google or even in a torrent file! Could someone who has a copy of the alltel stock rom upload it please. This is the only way I can think of to get the phone up and running again.

Last edited by nonzero; 01-02-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

some roms work better if the radio is flashed first. so find you a radio, put that titaimg file in the root of card and back to the tricolor screen that you love.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
some roms work better if the radio is flashed first. so find you a radio, put that titaimg file in the root of card and back to the tricolor screen that you love.
lol, yeah. what? How the hell can I reinstall the radio without the rom. I'll keep looking around for this answer, but google's not helping me lately.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9700 & iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

JuJu is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzero View Post
lol, yeah. what? How the hell can I reinstall the radio without the rom. I'll keep looking around for this answer, but google's not helping me lately.
I don't think you need the rom to install the radio, since installing the radio alone doesn't reset the device, right?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
I don't think you need the rom to install the radio, since installing the radio alone doesn't reset the device, right?
Yeah, I believe you are right. Only problem is, where can one find an original radio for the Alltel 6800? I don't even know how to install it IF I can ever find one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan