PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone acting odd after power outage

Dunno if you guys watched the weather but two nights ago we got hit pretty hard by an ice storm up here in NH. Anyhow, we lost power for a few hours and my phone was plugged in when the power went out. I noticed as the day went on that the front, left soft key (default: calender I think) needed more pressure to work, no biggie. Plugged it in last night and unplugged it this morning, went to check my web-based email and half the keys either didnt work or needed more pressure to worked. Touch screen was somewhat responsive at best. soft-reset and pulled the battery for a few seconds and everything seems to be good now, but i'm still concerned nonetheless. Think these problems could be contributed to the loss of power or is this something else?

thanks guys
Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

drunkinmonk is a n00b
Re: Phone acting odd after power outage

I am in maine with a diamond. Had some issue with signals and dropped calls but nothing on my phone with touch response. Maybe the phone while plugged in got a surge or something. thats all i can think of. Good luck it was and still is a mess here.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

PPCs are prone to surge failures... You're lucky it didn't fry the charger port. Probably just messed with the memory in the battery which resulted in the hardware issues. If you have any further problems I'd drain the battery (run it down until it dies, and keep trying to start it til it's completely unresponsive), then recharge it FULLY. That'll reset the battery memory.

If you have an issue with anything physical on an HTC and can't find an answer through "Search", give me a yell.

Custom painted Mogul/Titan w/ trimmed down housing, running WM 6.1, and android, standalone GPS w/ TomTom maps, and the cube.
*Still awaiting a good overclocker for the ****ed dual processor*
Old 12-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

And if mryesterday's suggestion don't work for you, RMA it to the store and get a new one under warranty.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryesterday View Post
PPCs are prone to surge failures... You're lucky it didn't fry the charger port. Probably just messed with the memory in the battery which resulted in the hardware issues. If you have any further problems I'd drain the battery (run it down until it dies, and keep trying to start it til it's completely unresponsive), then recharge it FULLY. That'll reset the battery memory.
Thanks bud, I did that anyway though before I read this and all seems to be good.

I had the charger plugged into a surge protector so I think Its alright. One thing is that my left soft key on the front face of the phone requires more pressure to function and the start menu button that is connected to it has ceased to function. It's funny because it stopped working as I was using it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan