PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint

DKTVPN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to use my Mogul internet access on my laptop with Vista?

I'm not sure the right place to ask but after searching I couldn't find any instruction how to surf the net on my laptop thru my Mogul connection. I know it's possible without getting caught by Sprint, I have SERO plan.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul - PPC-6800

zkoffey is a n00b
It's very possible, and I have a solution. This is a work around secret since the regular Internet Sharing program will error out - developers and engineers are aware of it and we try to keep it secret - I don't have a problem telling customers however. First you need to start Internet Explorer on your Mogul and goto any website, let's say google.com for instance. Allow your Mogul to connect and load the website - when your EVDO is active, load the Internet Sharing program on your Mogul and choose "Sprint PCS" instead of "Phone as Modem". Click "Connect" BEFORE plugging in your USB cable. Allow about 15 seconds to go by, then plug in the USB cable. Vista (or XP) will install the device drivers and Internet will be available. Enjoy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone 5
Threadstarter

DKTVPN is a n00b
Thanks a lot!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkoffey View Post
It's very possible, and I have a solution. This is a work around secret since the regular Internet Sharing program will error out - developers and engineers are aware of it and we try to keep it secret - I don't have a problem telling customers however. First you need to start Internet Explorer on your Mogul and goto any website, let's say google.com for instance. Allow your Mogul to connect and load the website - when your EVDO is active, load the Internet Sharing program on your Mogul and choose "Sprint PCS" instead of "Phone as Modem". Click "Connect" BEFORE plugging in your USB cable. Allow about 15 seconds to go by, then plug in the USB cable. Vista (or XP) will install the device drivers and Internet will be available. Enjoy.
So before I use this I just want to confirm that no extra charges will be incurred from Sprint. I have the SERO plan as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
So can anyone verify if this works because it is not working for me at all.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

rvillatoro is a n00b
i get a error code: 67 rigistration failure can someone direct me to the step i need to fix this and get internet on my laptop. thank you in advance
Old 12-14-2007, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Okay, So I went onto microsofts' website and downloaded the latest version of windows mobile device center onto my laptop. Then I connected to the internet on my Mogul first. Go to internet sharing, hit connect with the usb disconnected (sprint pcs, not phone as modem), wait for about 10 seconds then connect usb. I am able to get internet on my laptop but for only a short amount of time. Its like I keep getting kicked off by something. Can someone chime in and tell us whats up with that. I connected my Mogul to a laptop with windows xp and I can serf the net all day long with zero problems, is this how Vista is suppose to be.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Intermountain Trust is starting in the wrong direction
make sure your active sync is not set to auto start when you connect the usb cable. i have had an issue of it wanting to start the active sync while i am on line and thus canceling my connection to the internet. it was a vicious circle untill i figured out the sync problem.

IT
Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, on the vista they changed active sync to windows mobile device center and the options are a little different. I don't know how to disable the active sync/wmdc automatic connection. There is one other option which is "automatic authentification" Can someone explain what this is and what it does? I tried to disable that option but my laptop still did not work with my mogul. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800

Talkincat is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkoffey View Post
That worked absolutely flawlessly. This will be very useful when I'm on the road over New Year's. Thanks a ton!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan