PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan: How to enable Rev A speed?

I am NOT getting Rev A speeds on my titan from sprint. really slow.. the highest speed i ever saw was 1000kb/sec. i think the driver caps it, as i can only set my baud rateu p to 920kbits/sec.. is there a better updated rev a driver? or am i mistaken? I did the ESPL Edit and put my MSL in, went to Edit -> Data Parameters and didnt see anything about EVDO Rev A disabled/disable...

so in short how do i get my rev a speeds to work? this is very laggy, high ping and seems like rev 0. thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b
Re: Titan: How to enable Rev A speed?

the highest speed i got in a metro area was:
1153kbits/sec down
354kbits/sec up

am i getting rev a?

and how come nobody EVER replies to my posts on this forum? its like im typing to /dev/null here.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

If you have Rev A, its always on. The main thing is just to make sure you're on the latest radio firmware and that you're in a Rev A service area. The other thing to remember is that the speeds listed in EVDO specs (2.4mbps for Rev.0 and 3.1mbps for Rev.A) are AFAIK the "burst" speeds. This means that your connection can reach those speeds, but usually only for a second or two. Most broadband speed tests check your average speed over a span of time (usually 30 seconds or so). As far as people not answering you - you gotta give 'em more than just an hour. I mean, sure there's lots of members, but not everyone is on here all day.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

The latest radio is 3.42.50 for those of you who are curious. You can find it here if you need it. http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=titan/radios/
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
the highest speed i got in a metro area was:
1153kbits/sec down
354kbits/sec up

am i getting rev a?

and how come nobody EVER replies to my posts on this forum? its like im typing to /dev/null here.
What radio are you running and are you in a rev A coverage area or just rev 0. you can check it out on sprints website, in the coverage section of the site.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:14 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Are you sure you are in a Rev. A area?
Old 12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

i think it might be rev a, the upload speeds (>300kb/s) are greater than my rev 0 apache (~150kb/s) i hear that the only diff between rev a/0 is the upload and burst.

i upgrade the radio using the sdcard + boot loader method.. no improved reception or signal, nor does it improve my bandwidth speed.. but we shall try it in more metropolitan areas and see. and this should be a rev a area .. it's so cal
Old 12-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Lurker

jsalamy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
i think it might be rev a, the upload speeds (>300kb/s) are greater than my rev 0 apache (~150kb/s) i hear that the only diff between rev a/0 is the upload and burst.

i upgrade the radio using the sdcard + boot loader method.. no improved reception or signal, nor does it improve my bandwidth speed.. but we shall try it in more metropolitan areas and see. and this should be a rev a area .. it's so cal
If you are uploading at 300k that is pretty fast. Like a could of post above said the max is only burst speed so if you are getting 1000k constant that is a good speed. That is like a cable moden set to 10mbit.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

turns out i do get rev a speeds when i use Internet sharing application, wheni use wmodem, i only get 920kbits/sec , the maximum baud rate of the modem.. how do you fix that? is there a driver that utilizes max speed for the HTC USB Modem?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan