PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you should loose your cell signal, it may be your carrier...

Just an FYI. I suddenly lost my cell signal and automatically assumed it was something I had done as I was installing and tinkering with WVD (Windows Video Downloader). In about 20 minutes of searching, my XV6800 finally caught a cell signal but whenever I rebooted, it searched and searched and after 5-20 minutes would grab the signal.

I tried in vain to uninstall all recently installed s/w and even resorted to reinstalling my radio software to no avail. I was about to hard reset but I had one last ditch thought... Call Verizon.

I called Verizon and was told that due to the ice storm we were having, they had lost a few cells and my phone had lost its home location setting (Home SID in the EPST settings). A quick reset of the correct local cell tower and I was good to go.

Hopefully if this happens to someone else and they search for "loss cell signal" or something they will find this post as I searched a dozen threads with nothing that suggested a loss of the home SID...
Old 12-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: If you should loose your cell signal, it may be your carrier...

It was an ice storm and you didn't expect it to be problems with reception?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I never knew cell carriers had internal techical issues that would prevent good paid for service to be given to me. [sarcasm]

Did you also know this happens with your cable and DSL and landlines and DNS servers and everything else you can think of.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

You're missing the point guys; VZW pushed a new home SID to my phone that woundn't automatically update once the local tower came back online causing my phone to search for a signal for 20 minutes even AFTER their problem was fixed. It was the next day and all service was restored.

So, you may have to call tech support to get you Home SID updated if your phone constantly searches for a signal...
Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

lol... You should keep the PRL updated regularly too
Old 12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: t-mobile shadow

shadowedsun is a n00b

Dude, after even 5 minutes I would have already called (from a landline obviously)
12 ch sirf iii & TT7.450 Nav w/NA maps
qvga touch capacitive
sandisk 8gb mobile ultra sd card
Old 12-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

My first thought is my bill isn't paid..
Old 12-13-2008, 05:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedsun View Post
Dude, after even 5 minutes I would have already called (from a landline obviously)
even the new members are jumping the op, i love threads like these. nowhere to go but down. this thread will get ugly soon. Lol
Old 12-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Talking Re: If you should loose your cell signal, it may be your carrier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
even the new members are jumping the op, i love threads like these. nowhere to go but down. this thread will get ugly soon. Lol
haha... It already has... You posted
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wasn't hating or nothing, but he missed the obvious.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan