PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 running 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

kman13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Dead Function Key on Keyboard

Hi everybody!
I was here before with my XV6700, and now I wanted to upgrade to the XV6800 ... so, I purchased one on ebay.
Apparently, the function key on the keyboard is bad ... any ideas on how to test/fix this?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Dead Function Key on Keyboard

Get a new one. I hope you have insurance.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

yeah, a lot of people (myself included) have had keyboard issues. there are a lot of fixes floating around, but they only partially work if at all. it's a hardware problem. your only option is to deal with it, or try to get a new phone. sorry.

my FN key doesn't work, nor does the Y key, the T key, the Space bar, and numerous others.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:52 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Wait a few days then try to get a replacment. Don't tell them you bought it used. Try and convince them you paid full price for it at a corp store.

And for people who say, "That's what makes companys die". Verizon can afford it. They rip all of us off...

IF that fails then you might have to use inssurance if you have that.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well if you have insurance through Asurion it would work.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:47 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah but a 50 doolar deductable aint worth it. If you have Verizon you pay too much for your bill, they can afford to give you a new phone...
Old 12-13-2008, 04:17 AM
I see you have a PPC.

I couldn't like with being dishonest like that though. And what's worse is I'm gonna be assimilated even though I don't wanna be.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

You know you can get a new keyboard right? They're like 23 bucks, and you just peel up your old one, stick on your new one, and you're good to go

If you have an issue with anything physical on an HTC and can't find an answer through "Search", give me a yell.

Custom painted Mogul/Titan w/ trimmed down housing, running WM 6.1, and android, standalone GPS w/ TomTom maps, and the cube.
*Still awaiting a good overclocker for the ****ed dual processor*
Old 12-18-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryesterday View Post
You know you can get a new keyboard right? They're like 23 bucks, and you just peel up your old one, stick on your new one, and you're good to go

got any info on this? i've done some searching online and can only find replacements for $80 or more.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

ryangruhn is keeping up the good workryangruhn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesoprock00 View Post
got any info on this? i've done some searching online and can only find replacements for $80 or more.
+2 I need a new keyboard!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan