PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

buzz4112000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sporadically Slow

In the middle of typing a text message to a contact, the text starts disappearing and then my Mogul runs VERY slow when executing only certain tasks: opening IE, filling forms in IE, using the phone feature, and opening the "settings" window. Other features work fine (texting is fine except for disappearing letters, e-mail works fine, camera works fine).

Tried lots of soft resets = no effect. Tried a couple hard resets and the problem resurfaces after a day or two of use. No third-party apps conflict. Memory is fine. Using latest software updates. Any ideas?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Sporadically Slow

Other then a Hard Reset, I don't know what else to offer as help... If you have TEP, I would recommend going in and asking for a replacement... Explain the issue and say it is defective hardware...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Other then a Hard Reset, I don't know what else to offer as help... If you have TEP, I would recommend going in and asking for a replacement... Explain the issue and say it is defective hardware...
yea, what he said...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

wasserja is just getting started

Windows Mobile is slow by default. It is supposed to manage its own memory by closing programs that aren't in use, but that doesn't usually happen the way it is supposed to. Make sure you close any apps you have running and see if that speeds things up. Did you cook your own rom or using the sprint rom? If you put too much in your kitchen the ROM can be slow.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

buzz4112000 is a n00b

I'm using Sprint's ROM and after the hard resets intentionally didn't install any third-party stuff to make sure there's no problem with that. I ALWAYS get equipment replacement with Sprint, so it sounds like that's what I'll be doing. Thanks for the tips!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Hey.. No problem with the Tips.. We here at PPC Geeks love to help.. If you need help, advice, or anything, please post a thread if searching doesnt get you a result!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan