PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc6800
Carrier: us cell

JAEPILLA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JAEPILLA
no data connection on phone after internet sharing

oookay, I have a us cell mogul, i've flashed it plenty of times no problems, well the minor no data problem in the past was corrected by correcting the password in the security epst settings but that was only once after my first flash... which by the way was a loooong time ago.

now recently I was using my mogul for intenet sharing on my pc on the internet, all of a suudden i lost my connection and when i went to try to reconnect it would connect for a second or two then automatically fail.then after awhile it stopped connecting at all just failing.. so i've checked over every setting int he phone nothin is different its all the same, i even went into the epst and made sure nothign was wrong there.. and it wasn't.. my fiance also has a mogul (unflashed) I went into the ALL THE EPST settings there and compared hers to mine but i know everything isn't going to be the same since i have made modifications to mine with the flasing... but thru everything i've tried nothing has worked, and i have to admit i did make some small changes while in the epst settings which were only things that i saw in comparison to my fiance's mogul, but anyway nothing has worked,

has this happened to anyone in the past? and if so what did you do to correct it.. im going to give this a few more days then im filing an insurance claim.. no point in paying an extra 25 for data when i have no internet!

i also haven't contacted my carrier yet because thats my last option since i've flased the phoen they aren't going to be much help ya kno?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: no data connection on phone after internet sharing

I suppose it's possible if you internet shared to much they could have disabled your internet on the carriers side. I would at least call and ask if they are having troubles and then ask them to check your account and make sure they don't have your account on hold or something.

They should be able to help you troubleshoot some things over the phone and as long as you don't tell them you flashed the phone, they will have no clue.

Can't hurt.

BTC
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
cg1492

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: no data connection on phone after internet sharing

When it fails to connect what is the error? I know my data connection freaks out all the time for no reason and I have to kill it before it will reconnect to the internet. It will always have the 2 data arrows lite up but no internet via sharing or just on the phone itself. I throw the phone into airplane mode and then back and that fixes my data issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan