PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   WHY METROPCS WHY!!! metro doing smartphones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48321)

silvaadams 12-09-2008 01:24 PM

WHY METROPCS WHY!!! metro doing smartphones

okay after long hard nights of searching information and forums on how to get titans and raphaels and touches to work on metro, houdini(metro's flashing service) jus came out with it...UUuGGGGHHH ](*,) feels like all tht work was a waste. js figured it out recently. so now u cn bring ur htc to metro n get the esn on there LEAGALLY n flashed. i kno this because i work for and authorized dealer n my boss jus sent out an email...down part about it is tht after the phone is "flash", u cn only tlk n txt...no internet, picture messaging....ect,ect.. which i did learn how to du here but still..damnit...oh well. i guess ill charge my customers to get the internet n other things up untill metro figures tht out 2 :disgust:

silvaadams 12-09-2008 01:37 PM

Re: WHY METROPCS WHY!!! metro doing smartphones

this is a list of phones that they are doing with all but one being an htc phone

Manufacturer
Model
Carrier
HTC
PPC6700
Alltel
HTC
PPC6700SP
Sprint
HTC
PPC6700
Qwest
HTC
XV6700
Verizon
HTC
XV6800 (Mogul)
Verizon
HTC
PPC6800 (Mogul)
Alltel
HTC
PPC6800SP (Mogul)
Sprint
HTC
PPC6800 (Mogul)
US Cellular
HTC
PPC6800 (Mogul)
Qwest
HTC
XV6900 (Touch)
Verizon
HTC
MP6900 (Touch)
Alltel
HTC
MP6900SP (Touch)
Sprint
HTC
MP6900 (Touch)
US Cellular
HTC
DIAM500 (Touch Diamond)
Alltel
HTC
DIAM500 (Touch Diamond)
Sprint
HTC
RAPH800 (Touch Pro)
Sprint
HTC
RAPH800 (Touch Pro)
Alltel
Samsung
SPH-i325 (Ace)
Sprint

BigDiesel07 12-09-2008 01:51 PM

After they flash the to Metro, you should tell the customer to come here so they can enable MMS, Internet, and anything else that does not work.. That really sounds like a poor flash job if all they can do is enable talk and text...

silvaadams 12-09-2008 06:58 PM

yea, sounds really poor actually. it might be because they want customers to purchase metro phones, since meto doesn't get paid alot for flahsing phones, its only $47, and a profit of tht has to go to houdini, which is the company tht metro uses to flash. on top of tht the stores dont get ne money for doing it and since metro's authorized dealers are franchised and privatley owned its almost pointless in the companies eyes for doing houdinis. but i kno the store that i work for is charging 67, and say they say the extra 20 is for programming lol. but im planning on having customers who want the mms n internet working to du it thru me.

silvaadams 12-09-2008 07:03 PM

honestly though all houdini does is put the esn on metro's network and load the proper prls.

Shikki1985 12-11-2008 11:19 AM

Hey i just bought a HTC Touch Diamond. They told me that i can not get multimedia messages and internet, so you can flash the phone to get theses features????? Thanks.

lahorimundha 12-13-2008 09:20 PM

where are u at..... i just bought a htc diamond pro touch and got it flashed on metro pcs and i wanted to get internet and picture message .......email me at malikbilal42@hotmail.com

montecristo1 12-14-2008 08:13 AM

Go to my page: http://rferreira1.googlepages.com/mogul6800
And download the pdf on flashing the Diamond for metro pcs- and included is how to set up MMS and internet (you have to have the $45 plan)...

markppc6700 12-15-2008 05:33 PM

i cannot mention names for legal purposes LOL but a friend of mine has a 6700 with a bad esn and wants to know if he would have problems if he takes it to metro. esn is bad because he didnt pay a few hundred $ in bills

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-15-2008 05:54 PM

Don't tell them it has a bad ESN. They won't check so there is no need to raise any flags.