PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy my last stylus fell out...

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use in place of a stylus or where to get cheap replacement ones? Some kind of rubber from inside my phone where the stylus stays, broke out and seems that it won't hold a stylus very securely any longer....
Old 12-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: my last stylus fell out...

My stylus was getting loose as well and even my spares were all loose I think the hole where it goes on the mogul just wore itself bigger over time. I put some clear scotch tape on my stylus around the bottom of the bigger part where it retracts. Just enough so it slides in tight and is still removable. It is hardly noticeable once on the stylus + my stylus does not fall out anymore, only time it comes out is when I want it to.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
My stylus was getting loose as well and even my spares were all loose I think the hole where it goes on the mogul just wore itself bigger over time. I put some clear scotch tape on my stylus around the bottom of the bigger part where it retracts. Just enough so it slides in tight and is still removable. It is hardly noticeable once on the stylus + my stylus does not fall out anymore, only time it comes out is when I want it to.
+1 i also used the tape method on my 6900
Old 12-06-2008, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Red_Cheeks is becoming a great contributor

ebay.com lol...
Old 12-06-2008, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE...And Already Rooted!
Carrier: Sprint (You Love 'Em and Sometimes I Just Wanna Ch

brooklyn6 is just getting started

Sometimes you can go to the Sprint Store and ask if they have any around. That's what I did but I am gonna to try the clear scotch tape. I noticed that is happening with my stylus as well.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro!!!!
Carrier: sprint

kenny2182 is a n00b

any sprint store should have them if any tp's have been returned and the rep is somewhat nice they wont charge you for it.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny2182 View Post
any sprint store should have them if any tp's have been returned and the rep is somewhat nice they wont charge you for it.
If you have insurance you can get a new phone as a result! Took my phone to sprint store with said problem and was given a new Mogul as a result!

Last edited by viwizard; 12-08-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
If you have insurance you can get a new phone as a result! Took my phone to sprint store with said problem and was given a new Mogul as a result

............. a new phone for a loose stylus must be nice. I went in with a visible white spot and the manager said that he could not see the white spot and after going to through my phone for the picture folder (which annoyed me) said "there is no obvious picture deformity" no replacement

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
............. a new phone for a loose stylus must be nice. I went in with a visible white spot and the manager said that he could not see the white spot and after going to through my phone for the picture folder (which annoyed me) said "there is no obvious picture deformity" no replacement
The tech at sprint store came out with a new stylus in hand that slid right in and out of the phone with ease, then said, "obviously there's no fix for this so we will replace the phone with new one".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

I got a new Mogul when mine would not stay in. Hey, that might work for an upgrade to a TP, in a year when the refurb moguls fade out.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan