PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan

glizitch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Mogul not getting txt messages or phone calls

This is getting really annoying. I get txt messages sometimes 5 hours later and sometimes not at all. I get voicemails and my phone has never rang. I think I noticed this got much worse after I said yes to sprint's upgrade so i could send picture mail.

I am still running wm 6.0

I was thinking I should upgrade to wm 6.1 to help with these issues...

I am running the official ROM from sprint.. 3.35 radio

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

g
Old 12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Re: Mogul not getting txt messages or phone calls

are you using a program or have your email set to constantly use data/check for messages? If this is the case, you might want to increase the time it takes to check for messages or disconnect from the net when you are done with what you are doing. there are also other settings you can change in the registry if you do a search.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

How is the coverage where you are? Are you ever roaming?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

God that's one thing Sprint needs to work on. Whenever I send/receive MMS from a Sprint phone it takes forever. The best advice I can give is to go to corolada.com/prl and download the latest Sprint PRL, stick it in \My Documents\ and then dial ##775# and edit it yourself. But it wouldn't hurt to update the ROM. (It will hard reset so back up, I recommend using DotFred's PIMBackup.)
Old 12-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glizitch is a n00b

Thanks for all the responses....

I've been playing with this all day and have upgraded to radio 3.4.2 and used OliPro 2.4 to unlock it....

I installed the rom made from a kitchen found at http://www.scottcrosler.com/

Everything seems to be ok now, except for I have no Ev-Do Rev. A internet access anymore...

I don't get any internet from the sky. I can only pickup wifi....

Someone got a quick fix for this? I'm so close to done!

Update: After a reboot I now see the Ev box on top. How do I confgure it like it was before to use #777 ?

Last edited by glizitch; 12-08-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glizitch is a n00b

I keep answering all my own questions... So I suppose I will share in case anyone else is having this issue:

When setting up a new connection, go to Settings ---> Connections ----> Adavanced tab and select Dialing Rules. You will need to turn these off in order to add #777 as the new connection without the phone trying to dial an area code.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

yikes 6.0? that was way before we had a black president LOL jk

anyways i had that problem when i had my outlook downloading email every 5 seconds i changed it to every 3hrs and i've been doing great..

Also it could be sprints fault their service sometimes act up and u have to call them.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glizitch is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Mogul not getting txt messages or phone calls

Dialing ##775# or ##778# does nothing for me... what am i missing here...

I am up and running win mobile 6.1 now with nice extras thanks to scott but I am still missing calls!

What is going on here?!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

vaporE is just getting started

My wife had this same issue. Nothing fixed it program wise. Meaning, Nothing I did to the phone (hard reset, soft reset, not installing anything) would fix it. We both ported our numbers from a different carrier about 1 year prior to this starting and it only affected her phone. Ultimately it was an issue with the MSID and Phone Number she had. We had to call Sprint and have them change both the MSID and give us a new phone number. Once we did that all is well.

Sure it sucked having to spam all her contacts with her new number but it was better than missing calls.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
yikes 6.0? that was way before we had a black president LOL jk

anyways i had that problem when i had my outlook downloading email every 5 seconds i changed it to every 3hrs and i've been doing great..

Also it could be sprints fault their service sometimes act up and u have to call them.
yikes 6.0? that was way before we had a black president LOL jk.......now THAT was friggin hilarious..'preciate it..i needed a laff at work today...still chuckling....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan