PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation how can I get faster SMS notifications?

When I get an SMS.. my phone first lights up.. then after about a second or two chimes in and shows the SMS notification. So it knows that it has an SMS, but then takes another two seconds to sound the alert. Anyone know if there is any way I can make this faster? I mean.. what makes it take 2 seconds when it ALREADY KNOWS I have an SMS? Is it loading the WAV file or something? Is there a way I can speed this up???
Old 12-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: how can I get faster SMS notifications?

Not sure. It is normal, but annoying. Let's face it, windows sucks for phones as an elegant solution.

It is fun, but a lot of pain. Kind of like some women.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
It is fun, but a lot of pain. Kind of like some women.
LOL!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

This has to do with the carriers towers and the device and the communication between the two. You might be able to adjust the polling on the device on how fast or soon it talks with the towers but I doubt it because mine is adjusted that way and I have the same issue was you sometimes.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Literally you're seeing normal cellphone behavior. The only difference being WinMo needing to turn on all the lights after it gets the wakeup command from the tower.

Lower your SCI (slot cycle index - google it) to reduce the lag between the checks for tower wakeups (incoming call, incoming sms)

Also remember that if you've got an active EVDO connection, the tower and handset have to negotiate breaking that link and switching back to 1X - that can introduce additional lag - again that's not WinMo specific...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan