PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Stuck in digital roaming and can't use data. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48021)

areimer 12-07-2008 12:31 AM

Stuck in digital roaming and can't use data.

First off thank you in advance for anyone that helps me with this issue.

I live in Alaska and have ACS (Alaska Communication Systems) as my carrier. I own the HTC PPC-6800. I previously owned this exact same phone through them and was able to update it and get Windows 6.1 and GPS and everything working. Well unfortunately the phone has some hardware issues and I had to return it and they gave me a brand new one. So naturally I went to unlock it again and get it back to a custom ROM.

I believe I used Hard-SPL-MFG to unlock it and then flashed it with the Sprint ROM that enabled GPS . I think I screwed up here though cause I let the sprint customization run, and from what I read that was not suppose to happen. Since then I have tried everything I can read in the forums, and have had no success. My phone is stuck in digital roaming, and every time I try and use the internet or anything with data I get an error saying my user name or password is incorrect and can not connect. I have also tried dialing *228. I get “hello and welcome to ACS” I press 2 to use the Automated wireless activation feature and get “sorry we were unable to unlock your phone NPC error, please wait while we connect you to an ACS rep”. I have not talked to ACS yet.

I have seen one post about this issue but it was for a Vogue and the files he had posted to fix the issues will not work with my phone, or at least I could not get them to.

When I enter boot loader (power/camera and reset button) this is what I see:
TITA100 MFG
SPL-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9

Under the device settings I see this:
ROM version: dcd2.1.0
ROM date:12/05/07
Radio: 3.21.00
Protocol version DCAAXAM-43508
Hardware version: 0003
PRL version 50855
PRI version: 2.00_003
Browser version: MSIE 6.0
ESN: 36C2D2DE
ERI version: 0

I have tried more ROMS than I can count, anything from ones I find in the forum to ones I cook my self using BuildOS

I have looked under the EPST and have to code to be able to change the settings in there. I’m not to sure what to try and change in there. if anything. I have also tried numerous PRL's. I don’t remember the site I downloaded them from. Started with a C.

At this point I am not concerned if the GPS works. I just want the phone to get out of this constant Digital roaming and I want to be able to use my data again.

From my understanding I need to get a much older Radio back on it, but I cant find any.

Someone please help.. give advice.. show me a link with a walkthrough on how to fix this issue.. I can't be the only one that has had this happen.

Thank you so much in advance for your help, and much thanks to everyone and there support in making custom ROMs and all these goodies that everyone has grown to love and can’t live without.

Thanks again in advance,
Andy

stigmata41 12-08-2008 12:24 AM

Re: Stuck in digital roaming and can't use data.

Andy,

Had exactly the same issue after I flashed HTC"s newest build for my Vogue right from the MFG website. I tried reflashing, hard reset, and a few other things. I dialed *228 and chose the 'update my roaming area' option and was left with the same issue.

Dial *228 and choose the 'activate my phone' option, I didn't think this would help because everything else worked (phone and text) but it fixed the roaming issue for me.

Go to Programs, then internet sharing, click menu on the bottom right, choose connection settings, choose the advanced tab, then 'select networks', then it should say "Programs that automatically connect .. blah blah blah" .... make sure they both have your network chosen rather than 'my work network' or 'my home network'.

Just re-read your post, missed the part about *228 not working .. you might be able to use *22899, thats what I ended up doing, if i remember right.

Hope it helps,

Stigma

lfc944 12-08-2008 03:38 PM

i got my ppc 6800 from bell stuck on the sprint network after letting the customizations run. After hunting around for a day or two i found this. Hope it helps.

DOWNGRADING AND REVERTING BACK TO ORIGINAL SPL
1. Download ImCoKeMaN's original unlocker here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...e_unlocker.exe
2. Run unlocker.exe and follow the on screen instructions to a T as it is very easy to mess up. This will overwrite the 2.40. SPL. During the unlocking process your device will display 1.07. SPL. This will change once update is complete.
3. Once you finished with the unlocker, your SPL should no longer display 2.40 spl but should now display 1.07 spl .
4. Your device will automatically soft-reset after the update is complete. Do not allow to boot back up into OS. Instead, hold down the camera and power buttons and insert the stylus into the soft-reset hole again putting you in bootloader mode.
IF YOUR DEVICE DISPLAYS AN SPL OF 1.07 spl THEN CONTINUE TO STEP 5. IF NOT THEN RE-RUN STEPS 2&3 UNTIL IT DOES.
5. Since it is recommended that you flash back to the OEM bell ROM at this time, that is the link that I am providing here. Download and flash the Bell ROM. This will overwrite the custom SPL written by the unlocker.
6. You're now done. Your phone has now been reverted back to it's original shipped state.

PLEASE NOTE: It has been said that GPS radios and Non-GPS radios are very different. Flashing from the original 1.59.10a

areimer 12-08-2008 11:12 PM

I don't have a vogue, I have a PPC-6800. Will this ROM work for my phone? I think I tried it once before and it gave me problems. Please let me know before I try this again.

lfc944 12-09-2008 09:30 AM

i also have a ppc 6800, these are the steps you need to put a stock rom back on your phone. the stock bell rom won't work unless your with bell. you'll need to find a stock rom from your service provider. try looking on the htc web site. read this thread 24511.

mmcneil08 01-01-2009 10:44 PM

Andy
Were you able to get your data working?
I have ACS as well and seem to have the same problem.

Thanks.

navyinak 11-25-2009 02:05 PM

I also have an ACS PPC 6800. While the name that comes up on my screen is CellSouth, I still am connected locally with ACS. Every time I flash, I have to reconnect the data. You have to use your cell number twice as the username and password. Ok, I am sure you know this and are way beyond it, but I thought if you weren't, I would share.

"I can hear Alaska from here"

CozBoogie 12-01-2009 12:48 PM

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz