PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple Questions

I had my mogul for 5 months and a couple of days ago it completely died and i have a new replacement comming in tommorow and i just had a few questions

1 When installing programs are you suppose to install all third party programs on the storgae card or the actual device? I thought i read somewhere that certain programs had to be installed on the device instead of the storage card for the program to work properly

2 Where can i go to learn about registry hacks? Iv had my mogul for a while now and i now alot of windows mobile but i havent messed around with any registry hacks but i do plan to do some like the "louder ringers, wider scroll bar, faster dialer, ect.."

3 Is there a place online to buy the original htc wall charger cause i see alot of cheap ones on ebay for like 5-10 bucks i was told that those could decrease battery life

4 Whats the best battery to buy with out adding the extra bulk?

Thanks for the help in advance

Last edited by Mkostera1; 12-02-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:15 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Couple Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkostera1 View Post
I had my mogul for 5 months and a couple of days ago it completely died and i have a new replacement comming in tommorow and i just had a few questions

1 When installing programs are you suppose to install all third party programs on the storgae card or the actual device? I thought i read somewhere that certain programs had to be installed on the device instead of the storage card for the program to work properly

2 Where can i go to learn about registry hacks? Iv had my mogul for a while now and i now alot of windows mobile but i havent messed around with any registry hacks but i do plan to do some like the "louder ringers, wider scroll bar, faster dialer, ect.."

3 Is there a place online to buy the original htc wall charger cause i see alot of cheap ones on ebay for like 5-10 bucks i was told that those could decrease battery life

4 Whats the best battery to buy with out adding the extra bulk?

Thanks for the help in advance
i install everything i can to sd. some apps will only install to device and theyll do that when you dl them. plugins and such goto main. whatever i can, goes to card. registry isnt that hard, just remember to backup original files wit spb backup or resco.follow the directions in the edit thread. not so bad, honest. i use phm reg. editor, seems easy for me. ill get you some links. spb backup. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/ phm registry edit. http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/ i got a charger here for my vogue, no problems with it. http://www.htcdepot.com/utstarcom-wa...52A142A649.htm

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-02-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Couple Questions

Thanks man, i appreciate it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan