PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cannot open page in IE on wifi

Mine randomly started working. I have no idea what the problem was. I never had the same problem again with that phone, or the Pro I have now.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:35 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I actually used to have this problem with my old router. I also had the problem where the phone or any other wireless device would drop connections. I got DSL to send me a brand new router and I never have had another problem.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah...I'm thinking my router was on the blink or something.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

If you have DSL you could get it free. If you have Comcast, I am not sure.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

Did anybody look to see if the wifi adapter was placed on "work" mode instead of "internet"? That happened to me after I flashed a new rom once. WIFI connects but no internet. Changed the adapter settings from work to internet and soft reset then all worked again.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM
My ROMS On My Site

That actually doesn't really affect anything for me. I tried on both my Mogul and Apache. People used to say that fixed the WPA-PSK issue with the Helmi WM6 ROM...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
That actually doesn't really affect anything for me. I tried on both my Mogul and Apache. People used to say that fixed the WPA-PSK issue with the Helmi WM6 ROM...
Good info. It seemed to help my issue at the time. Only having networks on WEP it seemed to work for me. Just posting free info!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

6700noobie is a n00b

Yeah I made sure that it was setup to be an Internet Connection and not Work. Nuts....I'll just keep hoping for randomness to work on my mogul then. Haha....sigh....
1 Sprint Mogul (6800) flakey as heck unit - build tester
Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

There was a .cab to enable wifi that I posted a while back that helped in another issue. Its worth a try...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1220791764

Last edited by kdj67f; 02-23-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

6700noobie is a n00b

Yeah I had tried that before....so I got it working. It turns out I had to turn off the security on my router. Connect with my phone. Make sure data was getting to it by using IE or live search, then turning on the security on my router again. And the mogul still sees the network and connects and gets data now through wifi (of course I put the security key back in the connection). Software.....sheesh.

Now if I could just get my other mogul's wifi to turn on. I think the switch is broken on that mogul....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan