PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Lurker

bubbaboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switching to 6800 from 6900

Hi, I have the 6900 but am not happy with it due to lack of keyboard and the 6800 has this plus the wifi. I understand the 6800 has less ram, does this really impact it that much? The 6800 is looking better than my 6900 especiall since i dont have data plan and want to be able to use the wifi.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Switching to 6800 from 6900

I would say it limits the phone a lot. If I have several programs open it slows down considerably, not to mention the "low memory" messages. It all depends on your intended usage. You can go custom with the rom and get a little more. Nuerom I've heard has 33mb at boot, and dcd 3.3.4 I have 27 at boot. So again, it depends on how you're gonna use it.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

If you're familiar with the phone and Windows Mobile, you'll develop a "patience" for it. If you're impatient, just want the damn thing to work, don't care about bells, whistles, and then some, then don't bother. The 6800 is an amazing phone when modified. Get it. I'd sell you mine, but I'm not ready to upgrade to the 6850 yet.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bubbaboy is a n00b

Ok, thanks for the input. I have decided to get the 6800 and just ordered it and got free overnight, it should be here tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out! Quick question, does it have enough memory to play music and browse the internet at the same time?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaboy View Post
Ok, thanks for the input. I have decided to get the 6800 and just ordered it and got free overnight, it should be here tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out! Quick question, does it have enough memory to play music and browse the internet at the same time?
Yes it does

Old 12-04-2008, 11:03 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I actually want to go the other way. I want the Touch. I like more RAM, smaller phone, flush screen, etc...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

PDAPhoneJunkie, here I will take my personal view and disagree with you. I love my 6800 but a 6900 would be useless to me. Sure I would love more RAM but the loss of a KB is a killer for me. Plus no WiFI is another deal breaker. I didnt have a data plan for a long time and used WiFI all the time. Now that I have a data plan I use it as much as I used to use WiFi and either one is equally a backup to the other. In other words, you couldnt give me a 69 over a 68. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul-6800

sol740 is a n00b

The 6800 is garbage, I can't wait to get rid of it.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol740 View Post
The 6800 is garbage, I can't wait to get rid of it.
Wow. That statement just shows your adolescence and technological inexperience. Because of that, I checked to see what else you wrote in your other posts (since you don't have that much), all your posts are negative and complaintive. Get a flip phone. Someone of your intellectual capacity won't have anything to worry about.

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 12-05-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I am using a Sprint TouchPro activated on my Verizon account.

That being said, I still own two highly modified xv6800's & I LOVE the damn things.

Would I like more memory in them?? Sure I would, but one is running nueROM3 & with the POS camera disabled it will run for days without giving any out of memory errors.

As much as I like the TouchPro, I do miss a lot of stuff from the Titan (I really really miss all the dedicated hardware buttons a lot)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan