PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:58 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sms doesn't automatically add "To:"

It used to be when I started typing a name in the "To:" section of a new SMS message, it would bring up a list of name that matched what I was typing (similar to the Smart Dialer for the Phone). How do I get my SMS to do this? am I missing a setting, or an add-on?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: sms doesn't automatically add "To:"

You def. need to give more info as I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly...

Are you saying Pocket Outlook (the default WM Email and SMS app) is unable to show you the autocompletion list or some third party app is giving you this trouble?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
You def. need to give more info as I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly...

Are you saying Pocket Outlook (the default WM Email and SMS app) is unable to show you the autocompletion list or some third party app is giving you this trouble?
yes, pocket Outlook does not have the auto-complete feature it used to when typing a name in the "to" section.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I know what you are talking about. When you are using the default SMS in 6.1 and you are typing a persons name in the To: line is will pull the names from the address book and match the name in an auto-complete style. It is a nice feature as I used it all the time but IDK how you managed to loose it. Sorry.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I know what you are talking about. When you are using the default SMS in 6.1 and you are typing a persons name in the To: line is will pull the names from the address book and match the name in an auto-complete style. It is a nice feature as I used it all the time but IDK how you managed to loose it. Sorry.
Exactly! I have WM6.1, maybe it's a setting?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

I think I found the solution, however, I don't have this setting in my registry.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...90#post2020090

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp
To enable the new recipient address suggestions feature in the SMS application, go to HKLM\System\Inbox\RecipientAutoComplete and set/change the following DWORD:

MaxSuggestions=4 (for example)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=105

To disable suggestions, change the value to 0..

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 12-03-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well you can always add the reg key (DWORD) but I also have 6.1 and use the default SMS app.

It does say "edit/create the following DWORD"
Old 12-03-2008, 12:19 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Okay, I created a new key "RecipientAutoComplete" and added a new DWord "MaxSuggestions" with a value of "4", and enabled word completion, but it only gives me 1 suggestion at the very bottom of the screen - and only after I press the space key (I changed the setting for word completion for 1 letter, and it still only suggests after a space).

Any suggesions?
Old 12-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

I have the same issue but only when using the hard key qwerty, when I use the SIP qwerty I get the suggested contacts pop up to pick from.

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

Mine used to work at one time as well. I know i can change it once the number is there by using menu but I would love to have a fix as well....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan