PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Camera Flash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47303)

lion75y 12-01-2008 09:03 PM

Camera Flash

Hello everyone.. Does anyone know how to make the Flash light of the mogul a camera flash.. what i mean instead of pressing the flash that will turn on the light i mean like a regular camera that will flash when is taking the picture.. Is there like a program or another Camera program..

thanks

BigDiesel07 12-01-2008 10:53 PM

Re: Camera Flash

Yeah... Check this out... It's called nuelight..

Lylej2k 12-01-2008 11:10 PM

It does "flash" when you take the picture, just doesn't really flash its gets brighter. I assume the reason it comes on like that has something to do with focusing or light metering. I haven't found anything that makes it just flash, like completely off until you hit the button then a bright flash. which I'm assuming is what you're looking for. BigD posted an app that will give you control of the LED so you can use it like a flashlight. There is another program that does this called Nillisco, which is what I use. Didn't like nuelight personally.

gator2k83 12-02-2008 04:49 AM

There should be an app out that could be called titan/mogul strobe that flashes the high beam part of the camera flash for 200 or 300 milli second bursts that could be programmed to let the user pick the time in between the flashes in ms. That would be sweet.... Do I hear NueStrobe?? LOL its not a program of necessity but one to show off or just play with when bored.

There will probably be people to say that would kill our batteries. I think it would have less effect then leaving the bluetooth on unpaired to a device. But i personally don't know the current drain of the camera flash in high beam mode.

I think this is the sort of app that the OP is talking about as of right now i don't think one exists.

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator2k83 (Post 554457)
There should be an app out that could be called titan/mogul strobe that flashes the high beam part of the camera flash for 200 or 300 milli second bursts that could be programmed to let the user pick the time in between the flashes in ms. That would be sweet.... Do I hear NueStrobe?? LOL its not a program of necessity but one to show off or just play with when bored.

There will probably be people to say that would kill our batteries. I think it would have less effect then leaving the bluetooth on unpaired to a device. But i personally don't know the current drain of the camera flash in high beam mode.

I think this is the sort of app that the OP is talking about as of right now i don't think one exists.

I wouldn't be worried about killin the battery, i can always recharge! lol I'd be more concerned with killing the LED itself!

bboyneko 12-28-2008 06:42 AM

thanks for this post, i was confused why my camera did not flash, now I realize you have to press the flashlight button, then it flashes as you take the photo. I assumed that it would be totally off then flash, like every camera I am used to.