PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   verizon visual voicemail (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47286)

froader 12-01-2008 06:24 PM

verizon visual voicemail

It looks like Verizons visual voicemail is available on the Touch Pro. Why not on the Titan. Does anyone have that cab or a hack to get it to work? For $3/mo. seems like a good deal.

Spr0ckEt 12-01-2008 11:14 PM

Re: verizon visual voicemail

Are you kidding? $3/mo to SEE your voicemails? Is anyone's time that important that they cannot listen and delete on the phone? I honestly didn't think that anyone would subscribe to this service on purpose.

mikee4fun 12-01-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 553157)
It looks like Verizons visual voicemail is available on the Touch Pro. Why not on the Titan. Does anyone have that cab or a hack to get it to work? For $3/mo. seems like a good deal.

Personally I think Visual Voicemail is garbage. 3 dollars a month. FU VZ

Just my thoughts.

Mikee

froader 12-02-2008 01:57 AM

I have tried a couple of the free services offered by callwave and youmail. They certainly saved me time. I just had to read a text message instead of calling and listening to the voicemail. Once you have tried it you wouldnt want to bother with regular voicemail. All these companies are now charging for the service. At $10-$25/mo. its just not worth it.
So the VZW is $3/mo. and I am curious to use it.

SO if there is any help or info on this it would be appreciated.

Spr0ckEt-Certainly appreciate your HELP, really! If the service actually works, yes its worth $3/mo to me and others.

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 02:05 AM

give it some time. i'm sure someone will rip the program out.

darren.wlsn1 12-02-2008 02:10 AM

does the vzw pro have vvm? i thought it didnt. i may be wrong.

froader 12-02-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lylej2k (Post 554286)
give it some time. i'm sure someone will rip the program out.

Thanks for the support. I am sure it will pop out at some point.

froader 12-02-2008 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 554300)
does the vzw pro have vvm? i thought it didnt. i may be wrong.

Visual voicemail is compatible with the Touch Pro and the Omnia, as far as the website shows. It installs through the VZappStore, which shows to be compatible with the Titan, but the link to download does nothing for me.
Why would VVM work on the Touch Pro but not the Titan given they have the same OS? One way to find out.

darren.wlsn1 12-02-2008 02:22 AM

see, learn something every day. funny how vzw puts extra goodies on the phone that they have control over. but dont unlock the gps, youtube, less mem. there so ignorant to there people imo. im not bashing, just feel you guys are wronged.

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 12:01 PM

Ya its listed on the tools and apps tab under my verizon, but it says its not compatible with my phone. looks nice and clean but damn it, it should be free! I already pay them too much. Sprint simply everything plan is lookin better and better and better.....

froader 12-02-2008 02:04 PM

The Sprint plan certainly looks good! I am just concerned about the coverage and customer service. I have heard nothing but bad things.

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 555144)
The Sprint plan certainly looks good! I am just concerned about the coverage and customer service. I have heard nothing but bad things.

they roam of vzw towers so the coverage should be the same. and as long as you don't have more roaming minutes than regular it won't cost you a dime.

dishe 12-02-2008 06:21 PM

Customer service on Sprint has also dramatically improved over the last year and a half. 2 years ago I couldn't recommend it within good conscience, but now I can honestly say their service/support is pretty great.

I called tech support the other day and got a live person who understood my problem and spoke perfect English, in only about 2-3 rings.

Sprint got a lot of bad press regarding their CS, so I think they've shaped up dramatically. Service coverage is decent. Yes, you can roam on VZ, but there's no EVDO roaming agreement (so you're stuck with 2G when roaming), and there's no mobile-to-mobile, etc., not to mention it will suck your battery dry since the device will be desperately trying to switch back to Sprint at every chance. Also, when switching between in/out of roaming, your current call will drop.
So, yes, you can roam if in a weak coverage area, but you're better off on a good native Sprint coverage area.

Check your area on their coverage map- their service isn't half as bad as people make it seem. I've had everyone (VZ, AT&T, Tmobile, Nextel, etc), and Sprint's CDMA service is my personal choice.

Spr0ckEt 12-02-2008 08:47 PM

If its something that would really be of use, by all means, try it. I think that if the app is available for the Omnia and the TP, it should be possible to extract the app and pack it up as a cab.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-02-2008 09:11 PM

Is it routed through the network to where it has to have a subscription? It would be cool if it was ripped, cab'ed, and FREE!

Spr0ckEt 12-02-2008 09:18 PM

Nah, if it is a paid service, you would have to "authenticate" Trust me, VZW ain't giving out any programs or apps if they can't ensure that you PAY for it.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-02-2008 09:26 PM

What a shame... Verizon really gets me upset. I complain yet I never leave,lol.

froader 12-02-2008 10:14 PM

Well once the cab is ripped, then we can find out.
I am really getting sick of the Verizon BS. Each day the Sprint everything plan seems good and how about the Touch Pro that isn't crippled? Common Verizon, you guys suck!
I guess I could do a sprint trial...

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 556000)
Well once the cab is ripped, then we can find out.
I am really getting sick of the Verizon BS. Each day the Sprint everything plan seems good and how about the Touch Pro that isn't crippled? Common Verizon, you guys suck!
I guess I could do a sprint trial...

I was just looking at the sprint coverage, and by comparison, its sucks! I'd be roaming alot!

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-02-2008 10:24 PM

Yup. I have had several cosuins down here with it and they ended up leaving after their contract was done to go to Cricket! Lol. They can at least have coverage. They just kept their Sprint phones and moved on to a cheaper carrier.

froader 12-02-2008 10:48 PM

I really want to get a TP on Verizon. But why do they F**k it up compared to Sprint. From what I hear regarding the Sprint coverage, it's not so good.
Anyway maybe the visual voicemail or VZ App Zone cab will turn up after all.

froader 12-03-2008 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I was able to get VZappZone cab which is the 1st step.
I also modified this reg key to XV6850 prior to downloading which I was unable to before.
ota.getvzappzone.com
HKLM\security\internet explorer\user agent - custom
Here is the cab.

On to Visual Voicemail next. will post updates.

mckmas8808 12-03-2008 01:43 AM

Nice man. Keep up the good work.

NexVision 12-03-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 556394)
Well I was able to get VZappZone cab which is the 1st step.
I also modified this reg key to XV6850 prior to downloading which I was unable to before.
ota.getvzappzone.com
HKLM\security\internet explorer\user agent - custom
Here is the cab.

On to Visual Voicemail next. will post updates.

Visual voicemail still is not listed still talking to my data rep to see how to get it. I have appzone and vznavigator installed and working already.

froader 12-03-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NexVision (Post 557303)
Visual voicemail still is not listed still talking to my data rep to see how to get it. I have appzone and vznavigator installed and working already.

Let me know what you find out. The support page for the Touch Pro shows Visual Voicemail as an option. Also the Visual Voicemail shows the Touch Pro as a compatible device.
So what it comes down to is why not the Titan - Its the same OS. Is VZW pushing us to buy their gimped Touch Pro?

Hafrust 12-03-2008 04:08 PM

They would rather you buy a Storm.

billygee55 12-03-2008 10:30 PM

Telus has VVM for the P4000 which is the same as the Mogul, so I don't see why Verizon doesn't have it for the mogul.

Telus charges $7.50 for it and I sub to it. I find it's well worth the money to me to be able to read my voice mails as I am deaf and it's great for deaf users when someone calls thier cell and leaves voice mail instead of texting.

VVM really opened up a new world for me.

Lylej2k 12-04-2008 12:43 AM

Do i need to be in an evdo area to access the app store thing? I'm getting the following error Connection to the Service Encountered an Error. Please try again.

kilozebra 12-08-2008 01:45 PM

Anyone have any luck getting the Visual Voicemail activated on their account? I installed the cab, tried to go through activation, but was unable to complete the provisioning...

Think a customer service rep would be able to enable it?

/Andrew

abuttino 12-11-2008 11:24 PM

I just tried to call CS to no avail. They say that it cannot be activated for a phone that's not on their list.

This is entirely ****ty because it's a standard WinMo application.