PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   verizon visual voicemail (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47286)

froader 12-02-2008 02:04 PM

Re: verizon visual voicemail

The Sprint plan certainly looks good! I am just concerned about the coverage and customer service. I have heard nothing but bad things.

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 555144)
The Sprint plan certainly looks good! I am just concerned about the coverage and customer service. I have heard nothing but bad things.

they roam of vzw towers so the coverage should be the same. and as long as you don't have more roaming minutes than regular it won't cost you a dime.

dishe 12-02-2008 06:21 PM

Customer service on Sprint has also dramatically improved over the last year and a half. 2 years ago I couldn't recommend it within good conscience, but now I can honestly say their service/support is pretty great.

I called tech support the other day and got a live person who understood my problem and spoke perfect English, in only about 2-3 rings.

Sprint got a lot of bad press regarding their CS, so I think they've shaped up dramatically. Service coverage is decent. Yes, you can roam on VZ, but there's no EVDO roaming agreement (so you're stuck with 2G when roaming), and there's no mobile-to-mobile, etc., not to mention it will suck your battery dry since the device will be desperately trying to switch back to Sprint at every chance. Also, when switching between in/out of roaming, your current call will drop.
So, yes, you can roam if in a weak coverage area, but you're better off on a good native Sprint coverage area.

Check your area on their coverage map- their service isn't half as bad as people make it seem. I've had everyone (VZ, AT&T, Tmobile, Nextel, etc), and Sprint's CDMA service is my personal choice.

Spr0ckEt 12-02-2008 08:47 PM

If its something that would really be of use, by all means, try it. I think that if the app is available for the Omnia and the TP, it should be possible to extract the app and pack it up as a cab.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-02-2008 09:11 PM

Is it routed through the network to where it has to have a subscription? It would be cool if it was ripped, cab'ed, and FREE!

Spr0ckEt 12-02-2008 09:18 PM

Nah, if it is a paid service, you would have to "authenticate" Trust me, VZW ain't giving out any programs or apps if they can't ensure that you PAY for it.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-02-2008 09:26 PM

What a shame... Verizon really gets me upset. I complain yet I never leave,lol.

froader 12-02-2008 10:14 PM

Well once the cab is ripped, then we can find out.
I am really getting sick of the Verizon BS. Each day the Sprint everything plan seems good and how about the Touch Pro that isn't crippled? Common Verizon, you guys suck!
I guess I could do a sprint trial...

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 556000)
Well once the cab is ripped, then we can find out.
I am really getting sick of the Verizon BS. Each day the Sprint everything plan seems good and how about the Touch Pro that isn't crippled? Common Verizon, you guys suck!
I guess I could do a sprint trial...

I was just looking at the sprint coverage, and by comparison, its sucks! I'd be roaming alot!

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-02-2008 10:24 PM

Yup. I have had several cosuins down here with it and they ended up leaving after their contract was done to go to Cricket! Lol. They can at least have coverage. They just kept their Sprint phones and moved on to a cheaper carrier.