PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Way to change default SMS behavior? Pop up, unlock, etc...

Hey all,

I think it it would be wonderful if there was a way to alter a few of the default sms settings on the Mogul. I am using a Sprint Mogul with WM 6.1.

Here are my thoughts:

a) Have the phone unlock itself when an sms popup is received - that way we don't have to add extra steps to dismiss or respond to the message.

b) Change the amount of time that a new sms popup window is displayed for. This way we can still have it on the screen in 30 seconds, and not have to go digging because we didn't get to it fast enough.

c) Alter the way that the phones sees messages as "read". I mean, it seems like I have to go into messaging, read a message, and THEN i still have to close the current window - all to let the phone know that the message was read. I can't tell you how often i read one, then get reminded in 5 minutes that i have an unread message.

Now, I am not sure if there are reg tweaks, or 3rd party software for any of this, but it would be great!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Way to change default SMS behavior? Pop up, unlock, etc...

2 of the 3 things are already there...

if your phone is locked whether its S2U2 or the stock lock on the mogul..when a message pops up hit the right soft key.. theres your options.. reply, dismiss, mark read.. if you click reply it opens without having to unlock first..

if you want the message there 30 seconds later on the screen..then don't do anything when the message pops up.. it'll go away after 10 sec but the notification is still there.. if your screen goes black..wake it up and left soft key says notification...hit that and bam there your message like it just arrived...

lastly.. InboxExtender(just google or search here) gives you mark all as read... never needlessly open an sms just to close it to set your count to zerro..

easy smple stufff...have fun
Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Crazy,

Thanks for the info! However, when my phone is locked, and I get a new SMS, the ONLY option I have is the left soft-key which says UNLOCK. The right soft key is bllank, and not clickable. I am forced to press unlock to do anything....even respond. Any thoughts? I m using the stock lock (actually, I am using DEVICE LOCK, which simply remaps the lock button to a hard-key...I wonder if that is affecting it....... Here's a vid of DEVICE LOCK in action - if it helps. Also, mine is mapped to a hardkey, not the right soft key like in th evideo.)

I used to use Inbox extender on my Moto Q9c, but never thought of using it for this purpose - thanks! Oh yea, have you tried this 'safe' version of extender here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...xextender.html ? It works perfectly as designed!

As far as the pop up goes, I see what you're saying, but I was just wondering if the actual message could stay up for a longer period of time...

Anyhow, you solved a bunch for me, so thanks!

Later,

Matt!

Last edited by KillerQ; 12-01-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

well your right about the lock..had to set it up and send myself a text from my other phone.. but your right.. only solution(doesnt mean there aren't others) I can offer is use S2U2 instead.. I now that lets you pick your optionss without unlocking and if u click reply it'll go straight to it..

the safe thing was cool.. I just know it a quick dbl tap on the up arrow though.. I've never accidentally deleted all...knock on wood..

and im not advanced enough to give ya an option to physically keep the message up longer... might be an edit to do that..but that's not stuff I mess with yet..

glad I could help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan