PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
VZW release TP on thier site

Well for all those like myself who have been waiting, here is it. Now who all is going to upgrade?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=4331

Old 12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: VZW release TP on thier site

It's been on the site for almost over a week now. Maybe your zip code just got it. I am not going to be 'upgrading' to it however. I am currently looking at the Vogue. If I do get the pro it will be a Sprint version that I convert. My buddy who gave me the replacment 6800 just got a free and clear Omnia since he has got 3 replacments in 90 days. I would rather have the Omnia than the TouchPro from VZW...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

No, i was just late and didnt know it. However, after going to the VZW store and playing with it I dont think I will be upgrading to it. I wasnt impressed AT ALL. I will be keeping my 6800. It works just great and I havent had any issues from it.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:25 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Same here. What a shame huh? I haven't played with it yet but my buddy did and he said he would even take a 6700 over it. They really worked hard to cripple it and make it ugly.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
No, i was just late and didnt know it. However, after going to the VZW store and playing with it I dont think I will be upgrading to it. I wasnt impressed AT ALL. I will be keeping my 6800. It works just great and I havent had any issues from it.
Same here, I wasn't impressed. I'm looking more and more at the jump to sprint. They're now roaming of vzw towers here and the coverage should be just as good, which is the only reason keeping me at vzw. Not to mention they have 3g here...
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-02-2008, 12:11 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Yeah... I know you guys are gonna hate me but I am looking at AT&T... I can use and unlocked Pro/Fuze, Diamond, GSM Touch... I really am disapointed at how us CDMA users get the short end of the bar...
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Dont feel bad. I had a 1st gen iPhone some time back (had my 67 with VZW also) and sold it to get a 2nd gen but backed out. I had bought a GSM Diamond but almost got screwed from the seller (Thankfully I have NFCU because PP was going to screw me) and VZW never has impressed me with their timeline on device deployment
Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

Does the Verizon Touch Pro have WiFi....or did verizon criminally criplle that also?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM
My ROMS On My Site

It has WiFi. They have stopped the WiFi crippling since the 6700's second ROM update. I don't why they can't learn to quit crippling their devices since they got in trouble for bluetooth a few years ago.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

At least they took that stupid UI off that is on the other carrier models. I played with the HTC Fuze(almost the same as the TP) on AT&T's network for a few days on a trip. I hated that interface where you had to slide to all the different tabs just to see stuff. I like everything on one screen with just a click away.

Other things I hated was they did away with just about all the buttons and the wheel. I have several different things mapped to this buttons and don't want to dig to get to them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan